• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

RiffChallenge Reloaded

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    I learned it up to the first break I think and after just went with it. I forgot to press record the first time :(
    g2g someone actually invited me to play guitar, first time ever
    it's a gp5 tab from ultimate-guitar i don't have gpx
    Awesome! You look really fluid in your picking hand! Wanna nominate somebody else? :D (Besides me, I already have a challenge xD)

Reactions: William B.

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    You're right, everything is easy when playing Bass! Except getting taken serious 😂

Good Job though for a Johnny worshipper! Wanna nominate somebody Else? (Beside me)
    Hey! I am sure everyone in this school is taking me very seriously!!!

Thanks dude! I'd love to nominate someone but I dont know who hasnt been nominated and who would be down hehe

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    I'm having zero free time these days but couldn't back down a challenge!! Not when @Dominik Gräber gives you a song from the best band ever in the world!!!! 😂😂😂 Here it is my short take at When We Stand Together by Nickelback. Also, the DIY capo 😅😂
    Finally some 'Back love!!! But I don't see a video tho :ROFLMAO: 😅

• Haha
    Reactions: ari.mac

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Just updated the comment, I tried to put an embedded link but it didn't work...now there should be the video 😂😂😂😂
    Extra points for really rocking out to this!! :ROFLMAO:
    That was really good already! If you would like to challenge yourself a bit more try the same strumming pattern they use in the song! :)

Reactions: ari.mac

ari.mac

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 16, 2020
    Italy
    Extra points for really rocking out to this!! :ROFLMAO:
    That was really good already! If you would like to challenge yourself a bit more try the same strumming pattern they use in the song! :)
    Thanks 😂😂 Yep, I'll keep pratictising it when I can and hopefully I'll post a better version in the future 😊

Reactions: Dominik Gräber

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I'm having zero free time these days but couldn't back down a challenge!! Not when @Dominik Gräber gives you a song from the best band ever in the world!!!! 😂😂😂 Here it is my short take at When We Stand Together by Nickelback. Also, the DIY capo 😅😂

This is a great start, Ari, and your strumming is keeping time with the background music, which is harder than most people think. I did notice, however, that you have a habit of pulling the thicker strings sharp when you're fretting the chords. Try to work on just pressing DOWN to the fretboard and not also pulling in. That tends to draw the notes a little sharp, which affects how the chord sounds. Some of those chords can be challenging, though (that F/F# barre chord is one of the hardest things for new players to get!), and you GOT IT, so good for you!

ari.mac

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 16, 2020
    Italy
    This is a great start, Ari, and your strumming is keeping time with the background music, which is harder than most people think. I did notice, however, that you have a habit of pulling the thicker strings sharp when you're fretting the chords. Try to work on just pressing DOWN to the fretboard and not also pulling in. That tends to draw the notes a little sharp, which affects how the chord sounds. Some of those chords can be challenging, though (that F/F# barre chord is one of the hardest things for new players to get!), and you GOT IT, so good for you!
    Thank you Ed!! You are 100℅ right, I noticed that too while playing and I'm trying to work on that. I feel like it happens when I have to change fast (well, fast for me at the moment 😂) in particular. Again, thank you for your feedback 🖤

Reactions: Ed Seith