• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Rockstar Student Award Update, and Other Updates!

J

Jak Angelescu

Oooohhhkaaayyy.....

First and foremost, I really, really REAAAALLLLYYYY appreciate the feedback I've received on the Rockstar Student Award. I had ZERO idea how many students had trouble understanding the lessons. I mean, really. I have seen some students attempt to reach out, and still feel lost and discouraged.

However, as per @Dominik Gräber The Great 's kind of words, he told me once "I have improved a lot because of the community feedback, what about that? Is that okay?"

At the time, it wasn't. I wanted students to focus on the lessons. But now that I've cracked the final whip, many students have said "We try and it's really difficult and I gave up after even reaching out, I still wasn't understanding some things." And then SOME students have even sent me videos saying "Is this right?" To which I dishearteningly say, "No. You actually completely missed the point." And it leaves the student upset and lost feeling.

Here's the thing, I want EVERYONE to feel they have shot at this. And now because it's become aware to me JUST HOW MANY STUDENTS ARE STRUGGLING UNDERSTANDING THE LESSONS, I'm changing the rules.

Improve. However you see fit. Be it a song, an original, improving on a lick, the lessons, changing your fucking strings. I don't care. Be active, try, learn, engage, encourage, give feedback. Every little growth should be celebrated. I HAVE seen students fucking do a 180 in their own way, and I want that to be acknowledged. I'm proud of you guys. Especially for coming forward with your struggles.

I've made this aware with Syn. And I'll be discussing some ways we can combat this this week after he comes down from a celebratory 7-day hangover he'll probably have from his birthday.

SECONDLY:
Please be patient with me responding to your emails and messages. I understand what's going on, and I've read them. HOWEVER, there are some things I NEED Syn's greenlight on before I can do anything, and he has been very busy. So please be patient!!

THIRDLY:
I have been under copious amounts of stress lately and some of the students know about it. So please be patient with me if I snap back at you, or seem rude. I'm really trying not to be. I love you guys.

Keep kicking ass guys. It looks good on you!

J

Jak Angelescu

I think this is a fabulous idea ! Like I always say, ya gotta celebrate the small victories !
Also, thank you Jak for being such an integral part of the school. Now, you go kick back and relax and distress a bit !
we got this !!!! 💪🏻

your conversation really helped a lot. I just took a moment now to let go of what I can't control and just hop on here to really see WHAT students have been engaging with and improving on. And there's so much! It really does put a smile back on my face!

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I did? Okay. Let me call my assistant. His name is Captain Ed Scyther. He'll help me. He always does. He'll help me figure this out :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Not two minutes ago, my wife called downstairs to me. "Can you help me with the thingie in the thing?"

Sadly, I knew *exactly* what she meant.

Synner Endless Summer Collection