• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

RRHOF is a joke

Edward John

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
UK
Reactions: John Robinson

Daniel Sobota

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Dubrovnik, Croatia
If you think this is bad, then you haven't seen the Billboard Top 50 rock songs of the decade list...that list was genuinely one of the few things that got me "offended" if you will. I was just so enraged when I read it. This is definitely a close second though.
The thing is that Billboard bases those lists on sales and streams, and since they call every "loud" song rock, of course that shit like Imagine Dragons will top that.

I'm not incredibly mad about that because Billboard is as mainstream as it gets, and we all know mainstream has no clue about rock and metal. Who looks at Billboard for rock and metal anyway, right?

Reactions: Edward John

Andrew Milner

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    andreilucianmoraru.com
    The thing is that Billboard bases those lists on sales and streams, and since they call every "loud" song rock, of course that shit like Imagine Dragons will top that.

I'm not incredibly mad about that because Billboard is as mainstream as it gets, and we all know mainstream has no clue about rock and metal. Who looks at Billboard for rock and metal anyway, right?

I know we don't, but...you know, it's just annoying, because it leads to other things such as the RRHOF thing. What does The Notorious B.I.G. have to do with rock and roll? Isn't he a rapper?

Reactions: Daniel Sobota
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Edward John

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    UK
    I'm glad for NIN and Depeche Mode, they are very influential for me.

But yeah, Priest and fucking Motorhead - the epitome of rock n' roll, not getting in is a crime. What else to expect though, this thing has been a joke for years now...
    I like Depeche Mode, but they aren't rock, I don't care what anyone says. The problem is the name, call it the Music Hall of Fame and be done with it.

Edward John

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    UK
    As Long as the Back gets their place in the hof!
    1579111044457.png

• Haha
    Reactions: Dominik Gräber

John Robinson

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Nashville tn.
    I heard that on the radio and i was thinking what the actual fuck!!!

Reactions: Edward John

Jamie London

GYNNER
    Staff member
  • Nov 11, 2019
    California
    synner.com
    T-Rex was also axed which was a major bummer to me. The RRHOF has been a joke for a while but every year it’s just as annoying

EDIT: I was mistaken and T-Rex was actually and rightfully inducted in. That doesn’t change the fact that others who deserved this were snubbed and the RRHOF is a joke

Last edited:
    Reactions: John Robinson