• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Schecter Avenger FR trouble

Maxi?

Garage band Groupie
  • Jan 6, 2020
    Colombia
    Hello friends, so i hope everyone is very good, today i decided to bought the Schecter avenger FR, i guess you remember my last thread asking for impressions, with all the ilussion of the case i arrive at my home and start plaing the guitar i was testing the Floyd Rose but i noticed my E string felt really lazy and when i use the FR it was the only string that get out of tone really bad, i tried to not pay so much attention to it but then surprise mf, my D string pass out lmao, so i saw the shecter page and i notice that a pice of my guitar whas missing, searching in google it says it's a pice called retainer bar, i'll post you images
    WhatsApp Image 2021-02-02 at 7.35.23 PM.jpeg
    guitar.png

So i took the other image to show you how it appears in the scheter page, also it look like that in the page of the store where i bought it, so i text them to make the claim but then they told me that the guitar was complete, and they proceed to send me a picture of one guitar that they have in the store, and here is where the situation makes no sense to me, i post the image that they send to me...

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-02 at 7.35.23 PM (1).jpeg

As you can see the letters that says the reference of the guitar dosn't match with mine and neither with the schecter page here i think this is an other version of the Avenger SGR idk if there is anyone else i guess not let me know, after they send me that picture i told them that the reference doesn't match at all and i was thinking that they were confusing the guitar, the girl of the store told me that the SGR guitars don't have the retainer bar but i don't think so because in the schecter page it appears with it as you could saw in the second image i send... so i don't really know what to do i text them but they leave me on seen 💔 i'm going to the store tomorrow to see what happen, i would really apprecciate if you could tell me if in fact that bar is called retainer bar and what is the function of it in the guitar, i want to have some argues to make the claim so i would apprecciate the help, also i want to add that this is the unique store in colombia that is a official distribuitor of schecter before you said to me it was a scam lmao, sorry for the loooong history but i need to free my self of this desgrace, i'll be watching all your recommendations for tomorrow and once again thanks for the attention, and if you ask me... no i don't regret buying a FR even when i only used it like 2 hours lmao

Muz Malek

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Singapore
    www.instagram.com
    Hello friends, so i hope everyone is very good, today i decided to bought the Schecter avenger FR, i guess you remember my last thread asking for impressions, with all the ilussion of the case i arrive at my home and start plaing the guitar i was testing the Floyd Rose but i noticed my E string felt really lazy and when i use the FR it was the only string that get out of tone really bad, i tried to not pay so much attention to it but then surprise mf, my D string pass out lmao, so i saw the shecter page and i notice that a pice of my guitar whas missing, searching in google it says it's a pice called retainer bar, i'll post you images
    View attachment 1279 View attachment 1280

So i took the other image to show you how it appears in the scheter page, also it look like that in the page of the store where i bought it, so i text them to make the claim but then they told me that the guitar was complete, and they proceed to send me a picture of one guitar that they have in the store, and here is where the situation makes no sense to me, i post the image that they send to me...

View attachment 1281

As you can see the letters that says the reference of the guitar dosn't match with mine and neither with the schecter page here i think this is an other version of the Avenger SGR idk if there is anyone else i guess not let me know, after they send me that picture i told them that the reference doesn't match at all and i was thinking that they were confusing the guitar, the girl of the store told me that the SGR guitars don't have the retainer bar but i don't think so because in the schecter page it appears with it as you could saw in the second image i send... so i don't really know what to do i text them but they leave me on seen 💔 i'm going to the store tomorrow to see what happen, i would really apprecciate if you could tell me if in fact that bar is called retainer bar and what is the function of it in the guitar, i want to have some argues to make the claim so i would apprecciate the help, also i want to add that this is the unique store in colombia that is a official distribuitor of schecter before you said to me it was a scam lmao, sorry for the loooong history but i need to free my self of this desgrace, i'll be watching all your recommendations for tomorrow and once again thanks for the attention, and if you ask me... no i don't regret buying a FR even when i only used it like 2 hours lmao
    Hey man! Congrats on your purchase, and sorry to hear about this.

I'm not familiar with the older runs of Schecters, but I can agree that it looks kinda fishy, especially the wording on the truss rod cover.

Here's may be how you can check:
    1. On the back electronics plate, see if there's any sticker/label by Schecter with a "technician number" on it. I'm not sure if the older models had them.
    2. If you can spot the serial no. on the guitar, you may try to email Schecter or DM them on IG to ask for verification.

You may wanna bring the guitar back to the store to have it setup. Usually guitar stores provide free 1st setup. Always take your time to test the guitar thoroughly before leaving the store be it before purchase and after setting up.

Good luck!

Maxi?

Garage band Groupie
  • Jan 6, 2020
    Colombia
    Hi muz, thanks for your reply there is no number in the back, only a sticker that says "Quality Approved By Terry Oh" Damn, T made an awful job :ROFLMAO: about the serial in the back part of the neck there is someting like this STI9090321 Idk if it is the serial i think so

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    The retainer bar itself is not especially important, especially on a guitar with a Floyd Rose and a locking nut. I've actually removed it on both of my older Ibanez because it serves no purpose and interfered with the replacement truss rod cover I wanted to put on. It won't affect tuning at all.

I'm more concerned with your tuning stability and the possibility your guitar may be a knock-off than anything else. Did you hear anything back from Schecter?

David Zajzon

Campfire Attention Holder
    Nov 11, 2019
    Hungary
    www.youtube.com
    Hello friends, so i hope everyone....
    Hi Maxi!

I bought a few months ago. The serial number is OK and my avenger fr also lack of retainer bar (and it isn't necessary), but it doesnt get out of tune, works great.

IMG_20220517_013427.jpg
    IMG_20220517_013446.jpg

I think theres some problem with the nut, you can't screw it entirely or something like that.

I hope you will solve the problem. Amazing guitar, great choice ;):love: