• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Schecter Hellwin

Rogan Dech

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Does anybody know why this amp is so scarce? I saved up my money for a stack but I can't find one anywhere. None on ebay, at any guitar store near me, none on sweetwater, and none on reverb. You can't even buy it straight from schecter anymore. Can anybody help me out?

Eric Kane

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    They were only produced for 2 or 3 years, and were permanently discontinued a few years ago. You will have to check Reverb, Ebay, Guitar Center Used, etc. every day if you really want one. It's been a while since I have seen one available anywhere. Also, be prepared to pay a ridiculous amount of money if you do see one come up. They are rare 🦄 and the people selling them know it. For what it's worth, I love mine, but not sure they are truly worth what they are being sold for.

• Sad
    Reactions: Nocturne
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

jan_chri

Free Bird Player
    Apr 26, 2020
    Syn may still use it for recording, but I think he switched over to the Fractal AxeFX 3 live. Zacky never used the Hellwin. I could be wrong on this, but I think he uses Jet City Amps.

I don't know about Zacky, the last information I had about Syn was that he uses the Fractal because one can build tones from Scratch and mimic almost every other amp. Another reason why he uses the fractal is because he doesn't hear a difference between his Hellwin and the fractal.

I'm hoping that they relaunch it in 20/50/100 watt versions because I like both the cleans & distorted channels it has & don't know why but I like something more that has to be properly maintained than something that doesn't

Reactions: Nocturne

jan_chri

Free Bird Player
    Apr 26, 2020
    They were only produced for 2 or 3 years, and were permanently discontinued a few years ago. You will have to check Reverb, Ebay, Guitar Center Used, etc. every day if you really want one. It's been a while since I have seen one available anywhere. Also, be prepared to pay a ridiculous amount of money if you do see one come up. They are rare 🦄 and the people selling them know it. For what it's worth, I love mine, but not sure they are truly worth what they are being sold for.
    Looked them up on reverb and ebay, on reverb there are still some protective cases for the cabs but nothing else on ebay there is nothing

Brian Haner Sr.

Papa
    Staff member
    Legend+
    Fucking Legend
    Nov 11, 2019
    They are amazing amps. Unfortunately, they are no longer being made. I had two. One I gave to Costa Mesa Studios (where I did most of my session work) and the other one I gave to the guitar player in Bonesteel - the band my daughter was working with.
    When I moved to Vermont, I had to make some tough choices. lol
    If you can get your hands on one, you won't regret it. It crushes on ALL of the Syn tones. And remarkably, it has one of the best clean tones I have ever heard in my life.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    They are amazing amps. Unfortunately, they are no longer being made. I had two. One I gave to Costa Mesa Studios (where I did most of my session work) and the other one I gave to the guitar player in Bonesteel - the band my daughter was working with.
    When I moved to Vermont, I had to make some tough choices. lol
    If you can get your hands on one, you won't regret it. It crushes on ALL of the Syn tones. And remarkably, it has one of the best clean tones I have ever heard in my life.
    Hey quick question about them actually! Is there such a big difference between the USA ones and the stage ones? I tried to make some research about it and I didnt find many difference except the location where it was built.

• Love
    Reactions: Brian Haner Sr.

Brian Haner Sr.

Papa
    Staff member
    Legend+
    Fucking Legend
    Nov 11, 2019
    Hey quick question about them actually! Is there such a big difference between the USA ones and the stage ones? I tried to make some research about it and I didnt find many difference except the location where it was built.
    Syn would know better than me - but to my knowledge, they were all identical.

• Love
    Reactions: Rad Synner

[DELETED]

Campfire Attention Holder
    Nov 11, 2019

Aside from the USA versions having a blue pilot light and a considerable price difference, there's really no difference between the two. A gear snob will always tell you that the USA's sounded better though.

• Haha
    Reactions: Rad Synner

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    Aside from the USA versions having a blue pilot light and a considerable price difference, there's really no difference between the two. A gear snob will always tell you that the USA's sounded better though.
    Hahahahaha right on! The gear snob would probably add that its because the blue shade of light which has an impact on how the tubes react or some shit like that 😂