• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Second day of practicing major scale with alternate picking!

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    This is a solid start, my man, but I want you to try to keep it one finger per fret. You're in the second position, which means that your index finger should play any note on the second fret, your middle finger anything on the third, ring finger on the fourth, and go ahead and feel the burn on that fuckin pinky on the 5th fret.

If you're having issues stretching your fingers apart that far, go ahead and check out this little video I did for folks with short fingers, like me.

• Love
    Reactions: phatloots

phatloots

Campfire Attention Holder
    Sep 12, 2020
    This is a solid start, my man, but I want you to try to keep it one finger per fret. You're in the second position, which means that your index finger should play any note on the second fret, your middle finger anything on the third, ring finger on the fourth, and go ahead and feel the burn on that fuckin pinky on the 5th fret.

If you're having issues stretching your fingers apart that far, go ahead and check out this little video I did for folks with short fingers, like me.

dude thanks so much for that tip! definitely going to adjust and burn that pinky into the ground!