• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Shadow Of The Day play through with tabs

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
I made a cover of this song for something else but since it got so much votes in the last poll I made a playthrough with tabs.

Remember I'm not even remotely close to being Chester so there are some sloppy vocal bits in there, it's also my version so I did add some vocal processing wizardry because I felt like it. The tabs is for what I play in the video and the backingtrack is without those parts
Soundslice

Also, the backingtrack and the tabs are not in sync so please use the video for that

ari.mac

Hot Topic Tourer
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 16, 2020
    Italy
    I made a cover of this song for something else but since it got so much votes in the last poll I made a playthrough with tabs.

Remember I'm not even remotely close to being Chester so there are some sloppy vocal bits in there, it's also my version so I did add some vocal processing wizardry because I felt like it. The tabs is for what I play in the video and the backingtrack is without those parts
    Soundslice

Also, the backingtrack and the tabs are not in sync so please use the video for that
    Very very nice!!!! 🤩🤩 what tuning are you in for this?

Reactions: idssdi
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Cool! A lot of auto-tune though. That soundsplice is cool too, it's the same like from the lessons here. Seen it a few times mentioned on the forums, now I know what it is. Gonna read up on it later
    Nice inside picking :D

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    Cool! A lot of auto-tune though. That soundsplice is cool too, it's the same like from the lessons here. Seen it a few times mentioned on the forums, now I know what it is. Gonna read up on it later
    Nice inside picking :D
    Thank you !

Just for clarity, I did some slight pitch correction with melodyne but there's absolutely no autotune in this. The artificial effects you hear come from a plugin called ovox that artificially creates harmonies with my voice but no autotune, it's a vocal synthesizer basically

Last edited:

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Thank you !

Just for clarity, I did some slight pitch correction with melodyne but there's absolutely no autotune in this. The artificial effects you hear come from a plugin called ovox that artificially creates harmonies with my voice but no autotune, it's a vocal synthesizer basically
    My bad I thought that's what auto-tune is. I still wanna try mess around with it. I'll check out that effects thing, maybe there's something similar in my DAW as I still don't know everything about it. That effect you used sounded really bright

Reactions: idssdi