• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Share your Favorite A7X Lyric(s)!

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    I probably won't be able to keep up with this thread, sorry in advance, thought it would be a cool idea.

Name the Song, Album, Lyric(s) and (?) below!

First set that comes to mind is from the song [Betrayed] from the [City of Evil] Album:

"Passion in my eyes, I lived it everyday, but how could you go throw it all away?
    In my dreams it's me and you, it's there I saw it all come true
    As time went by faith in you grew, so one thing's left for me to do"

I misheard the lyrics for the longest time, always thought it was "In my dreams it's only me and you".
    No idea how I was hearing those 2 extra notes in the word "
    only".
    "In my dreams it's me and you" it's just great, I don't know what to say about it. Amazing!

I tried to learn the main parts of this song as one of my first A7X songs, the combination of those riffs and vocals <3!
    Still I practice this song occasionally, maybe one day I'll try to sing and play that part simultaneously. It's difficult to do both o_O

Chris Johnston

Music Theory Bragger
  • Nov 11, 2019
    North Ayrshire, Scotland
    Betrayed is such an amazing and underrated song! The lyric you chose is actually my favourite from that song 😍 My fave part of that verse is the backing vox going 'Aah-aaa-aaa-aaah' 👌

It's hard to pick 1 but one of my faves is from 'Warmness on the Soul' 🤟

'Your hazel-green tint eyes watching every move I make
    And that feeling of doubt, it's erased
    I'll never feel alone again with you by my side
    You're the one and in you I confide more'

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Betrayed is such an amazing and underrated song! The lyric you chose is actually my favourite from that song 😍 My fave part of that verse is the backing vox going 'Aah-aaa-aaa-aaah' 👌

It's hard to pick 1 but one of my faves is from 'Warmness on the Soul' 🤟

'Your hazel-green tint eyes watching every move I make
    And that feeling of doubt, it's erased
    I'll never feel alone again with you by my side
    You're the one and in you I confide more'
    That's nice! I for sure am bad at lyrics!
    Gonna listen for that Vox thing you mentioned.

Listening to Afterlife right now, that setup and chorus :love:

beatrix

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Sep 19, 2020
    Italy
    I probably won't be able to keep up with this thread, sorry in advance, thought it would be a cool idea.

Name the Song, Album, Lyric(s) and (?) below!

First set that comes to mind is from the song [Betrayed] from the [City of Evil] Album:

"Passion in my eyes, I lived it everyday, but how could you go throw it all away?
    In my dreams it's me and you, it's there I saw it all come true
    As time went by faith in you grew, so one thing's left for me to do"

I misheard the lyrics for the longest time, always thought it was "In my dreams it's only me and you".
    No idea how I was hearing those 2 extra notes in the word "
    only".
    "In my dreams it's me and you" it's just great, I don't know what to say about it. Amazing!

I tried to learn the main parts of this song as one of my first A7X songs, the combination of those riffs and vocals <3!
    Still I practice this song occasionally, maybe one day I'll try to sing and play that part simultaneously. It's difficult to do both o_O
    love that song

Reactions: William B.

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    i wanna get a tattoo of “seize the day or die regretting the time you lost”. that means a lot
    That's cool! I've been wanting a new tattoo for a few years now, kind of want it to be an a7x one.
    Maybe I could get the text "In my dreams it's me and you", I personally like pictures, text is cool too though
    Still going to think about it, not in a rush for a tattoo, after my second one I felt kind of bad, after while stopped to worry

• Love
    Reactions: beatrix
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    Interesting! Little fact about Betrayed, its about Dimebag Darrel and the guy who murdered him!

But for my favorite lyrics, its gotta be So far away. Specifically this part: '

Plans of what our futures hold
    Foolish lies of growing old
    It seems we're so invincible
    The truth is so cold

Once you live certain things in life, these lyrics hit very hard. And I feel like these line alone describe how life teaches us lesson and the transition between young, foolish and innocent and older, wiser and more understanding

Jesse Salmons

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
    Nov 11, 2019
    Indiana
    EAT IT, EAT IT, EAT IT
    C0C9AC41-8096-4334-A9AF-8849F3FDE0FE.jpeg

Jesse Salmons

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
    Nov 11, 2019
    Indiana
    Interesting! Little fact about Betrayed, its about Dimebag Darrel and the guy who murdered him!

But for my favorite lyrics, its gotta be So far away. Specifically this part: '

Plans of what our futures hold
    Foolish lies of growing old
    It seems we're so invincible
    The truth is so cold

Once you live certain things in life, these lyrics hit very hard. And I feel like these line alone describe how life teaches us lesson and the transition between young, foolish and innocent and older, wiser and more understanding

I totally see it too, bc the guy who killed Dime said that pantera breaking up was why his GF left him, and he wanted revenge against them. Also shown in the lyrics:

A smoking gun in your hand, now don't you realize what you've done
    Put a bullet in his back, your hero since you were so young
    How could you kill the man who brought salvation through your pain
    He must mean everything to end it all this shameful way”

Kat the metalhead

Music Theory Bragger
  • Jan 20, 2020
    Ontario Canada
    One of my best friends and I went and got that one tattooed together, some years ago! 🥰 Another favorite for sure. ❤
    That’s awesome! It’s funny that was me and my ex best friends favourite song and she one day ditched me and blocked all my contacts. So when I saw them play it live after I wasn’t friends with her I actually cried cuz I used to see avenged with her :ROFLMAO:

G

Gemma G.S.

That’s awesome! It’s funny that was me and my ex best friends favourite song and she one day ditched me and blocked all my contacts. So when I saw them play it live after I wasn’t friends with her I actually cried cuz I used to see avenged with her :ROFLMAO:

Holy crap, one of my ex-friends did the same thing to me!! Some people, I swear. 😥 I'm so sorry that happened! But I'm glad to see it obviously didn't ruin the song for you, at least. 😄

• Love
    Reactions: Kat the metalhead

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com
    I really love the lyrics “I’m too weird to live but much too rare to die” from bat country. The first time I heard those lyrics I was like I love that :ROFLMAO:
    I love these lyrics and I wanna get them tattoed on me one day!

Some of my favorite lyrics are from Unbound (The Wild Ride), which I think is such an underrated song...
    "No one can ever slow me down
    I'll stay unbound" - this line makes me feel so powerful
    And this part in particular:
    "There's nothing here to take for granted
    With each breath that we take
    The hands of time strip youth from our bodies
    And we fade

Memories remain
    As time goes on"

This gives me chills every single time...
    The whole song is a masterpiece.