• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Guitar Simulation Solo HELP

Jamie Twyning

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
not sure if this is the right place to post this but I’ve been studying the Song Simulation since it’s one of my favourite. I understand what’s going on the whole song until the super fast part in the solo.

In the background a chromatic passage is being played (0,3,2,1)
Over the top syn is playing some mind boggling stuff that all relates to the backing using wholetones, flat 5 etc.

My question is how the hell did he write this? And how does each lick relate to the backing chord theoretically. Does anyone know if it was a planned solo or if it’s just chromatic noodling? I’d love to to do a full breakdown of the solo and fully understand what’s going on behind it other than “pentatonic with some odd notes”

Last edited:
Reactions: William B.

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    Yes of course this is the right place! Always feel at home to ask what's on your mind!

With that being said, I don't have a solid answer as I am not completely well versed on theory but one thing I will say is that Syn composes his solo so everything is pretty much planned and polish! It wasn't random!

Jamie Twyning

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Yes of course this is the right place! Always feel at home to ask what's on your mind!

With that being said, I don't have a solid answer as I am not completely well versed on theory but one thing I will say is that Syn composes his solo so everything is pretty much planned and polish! It wasn't random!
    Thank you so much! Good to know it was most likely a planned solo!

The theory behind it is insane it’s chaotic beauty, I’m dying to understand it more ahaha. When read in tab form it seams so random and like it wouldn’t work but it sounds fabulous