• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Singer here, any others?

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
I sing but I wouldnt call myself a singer over a player. Itd have to be one of the other because my voice is essentially too loud to be back up lol.

I've been told I've gotten better at staying in key. My real challenge is finding a place where I can sing and scream all out.

My voices sounds like its influenced from Davey havok.. Layne Staley and a bit of matt. I also can get away with a good high pitch scream but my lower screams are hard to do without being too loud. You can hear me on every song I've written. Although those were recorded in the apartment so I'm not all out.

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
I wish I could sing. I suck so bad at it, but at the same time I love singing....alone in my car for everybody's safety 😂
The only way you get better is by singing more. It's all about muscle control really and that takes practicing and working out like any other muscle in the body. So with that said I say keep singing in the car and eventually you'll feel like you can get out of it lol.

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    Loving this thread ! You gonna give us some voice lessons holly 😉

I think we all love to sing, or most people anyways. Im constantly singing (badly) and make up stupid songs daily, just ask the husband, I irritate the shit out of him.
    Im basically Linda Belcher around the house 🤣

I did choir for 4 years in high school and got the most prestigious award of “most improved” 🤦🏼‍♀️ which meant I was THE worst lol. I didn’t care though. I was an “alto” so basically just had to blend in and sing one or two notes lol

I’ve always wanted to expand but I find it incredibly difficult to do and honeslty, I get my feelings hurt because it’s not playing guitar, your voice is something that comes from YOU, when you suck it feels like a personal slight lol. Anyways, I guess this is my long ass way of saying, I fucking wish I could sing and have the pipes that you do girl !

I remember the first time I heard purgatory and you did that one scream my mind was blown. It was phenomenal !

You are so darn cute! I have heard you saying you are not bad you need to shut up lol. I will always help anybody who wants help, I'm not a very good teacher but I sure try my best.
    I have never been called a good singer up until recently honestly. For the longest time I was actually called quite a crappy and s***** singer. Los Angeles really ruined me as far as confidence goes, but when I came back it came back with full Fury and I persevered! Thanks for sharing this though there was a lot of this stuff I didn't know about you :). I think you should keep singing because I happen to personally love your voice

Reactions: Alicia Willis
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

marcus winn

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Do you have any influences? Are you in a band?
    Yes I am! We're called American Travesty if you wanna find us on insta we don't have anything posted really but we should soon we just solved the problem holding us back I believe. Currently avatar, a7x(of course), ice nine kills, Chris Cornell, and to keep it short probably ghost

Yes I am! We're called American Travesty if you wanna find us on insta we don't have anything posted really but we should soon we just solved the problem holding us back I believe. Currently avatar, a7x(of course), ice nine kills, Chris Cornell, and to keep it short probably ghost
    That is awesome I will definitely do that!