• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Six Magic Notes Contest

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Just so I'm not gonna break any rules for this one. When it says use the content of lesson 10 that means that we use the six magic notes right?

Or is, use the backingtrack from lesson 10 and do whatever the hell you want over it?

Also, if you use the 6 magic notes in lesson 10 can you play them all across the fretboard or just specifically the pattern PG shows?

Just to be sure I understand the rules so my solo will at least be eligible 😅

Reactions: Allan and Lindsey

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    I see that some of you are confused so I will reiterate the contest: yes you can only use the 6 notes.

The entire point is to give all of you the exact same basis. To give you a pattern that everyone can do, beginner and advance alike, which you can simply focus on and see how creative you can be with only those 6 notes. Basically restraining you and therefore challenging your creative minds to see how much you can do with very little.

If you watch the lesson, you can see that PG shows the 6 note pattern which starts on the 5th fret of the 5th string right up to the 7th fret of the 3rd string. And then he proceeds to play a solo entirely formed of those 6 magical notes. (see: solo 1)

No octaves allowed!! If PG doesn't need them, neither do you!

So once again, the point is to see what you can do with only 6 notes :) All techniques allowed BUT just 6 notes ;)

@A.C. @ari.mac @Lindsey @Ids Schiere

Last edited:

Batbia

Music Theory Bragger
  • Jan 11, 2021
    Brazil
    Nooooo I was thinking about doing this 😩 but thank you for advertising this before I actually get to do it 🤣 time to start thinking again

batman-thinking.gif

Synner Endless Summer Collection

ari.mac

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 16, 2020
    Italy
    I see that some of you are confused so I will reiterate the contest: yes you can only use the 6 notes.

The entire point is to give all of you the exact same basis. To give you a pattern that everyone can do, beginner and advance alike, which you can simply focus on and see how creative you can be with only those 6 notes. Basically restraining you and therefore challenging your creative minds to see how much you can do with very little.

If you watch the lesson, you can see that PG shows the 6 note pattern which starts on the 5th fret of the 5th string right up to the 7th fret of the 3rd string. And then he proceeds to play a solo entirely formed of those 6 magical notes. (see: solo 1)

So once again, the point is to see what you can do with only 6 notes :) All techniques allowed BUT just 6 notes ;)

@A.C. @ari.mac @Lindsey @Ids Schiere
    Thank you! Very clear 👌👌👌

Muz Malek

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Singapore
    www.instagram.com
    One question as I've seen some comments on the submission thread and now I have the doubt as well: are bends allowed? I thought not but.... 🤷‍♀️
    As long as you bend to the next note that's part of the 6 notes, i suppose.

Which means doing a whole-step bend from any of the three 5th fret notes like what I did:
    D bend to E on 5th string
    G bend to A on 4th string
    C bend to D on 3rd string

Be sure to check that you're not bending half-way. Try hearing or use a tuner to help with the accuracy 😉

Cheers! :rock-hand: :cool:

Last edited:

ari.mac

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 16, 2020
    Italy
    As long as you bend to the next note that's part of the 6 notes, i suppose.

Which means doing a whole-step bend from any of the three 5th fret notes like what I did:
    D bend to E on 5th string
    G bend to A on 4th string
    C bend to D on 3rd string

Be sure to check that you're not bending half-way. Try hearing or use a tuner to help with the accuracy 😉

Cheers! :rock-hand: :cool:
    I might avoid it after all 😂😂😂😂😂😂 I'll see what fits best! Thank you!!