• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Six Magic Notes Contest

Zesty Rage

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Sep 27, 2020
    Michigan City, IN
    So just to be sure, the 6 magic notes are the notes that would be under the key you're using right? So if you were in A you'd find the A on the low E string and use the 6 notes beneath it? It's been a while since I thought about using the 6 magic notes so I kinda just need to refresh on it 😅

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    So just to be sure, the 6 magic notes are the notes that would be under the key you're using right? So if you were in A you'd find the A on the low E string and use the 6 notes beneath it? It's been a while since I thought about using the 6 magic notes so I kinda just need to refresh on it 😅
    Don't overthink it mate! Just watch the lesson and follow what's given to you in the first example and you've got all you need right there! Then feel free to add a bit of your own BUT just remember the rules ;)

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Zesty Rage

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Sep 27, 2020
    Michigan City, IN
    Don't overthink it mate! Just watch the lesson and follow what's given to you in the first example and you've got all you need right there! Then feel free to add a bit of your own BUT just remember the rules ;)
    Thanks I just finished watching it and think I've got it! I'll start working on it tonight! I hope it's okay that I don't have any recording equipment so the solo will be recorded off of my phone 😬

ari.mac

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 16, 2020
    Italy
    Here is my submission. Let me know if the palm muted and pinches are not eligible and I'll redo it without them.

Hey Calvin you need to post the submission in the other thread. Can't link it right now but you find it in the banner on top of the page under "submit your solo"!

Last edited:
    Reactions: Alicia Willis

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    ONE WEEK & SIX DAYS Y’ALL !!!!!!!
    777B7CD2-71EC-4000-966A-81CB3B7B5BFE.jpeg

Izhan Adam

New Student
    Sep 6, 2021
    Ladies and Gentleman of Synner!

It's been a while, an eternity even, since our last big contest but I am DELIGHTED to announce a new contest for y'all!!!

This contest will be centred around lesson 10 - Just For Fun – Six Magic Notes For Soloing
    The principle is simple: use the lesson to create a solo of your own with the backing track given using ONLY the 6 magic notes of the Am pentatonic (See the first example in the lesson). NO OCTAVES ALLOWED (If PG doesn't need them, neither do you)

RULES:

• All participants must use the provided backing track
    • All entries must be within 2 backing track's length. 2 options will be offered to you: a 30 second one and a 1 minute long one. You are not obligated to make your entry as long, it can be shorter to your own discretion. However, it cannot be longer and the backing track cannot be modified.
    • No plagiarism.
    • Only one entry per participant. If you want to modify your entry because, for example, you've had a better idea, you can re-submit a new entry however your old one will be nullified.
    All entry videos shall be received on this thread: https://synner.com/threads/submission-for-six-magic-notes-contest.5687/

The backing track is in the Key of C using the A minor pentatonic, which is the first pattern that PG shows in the lesson. 2 versions of the backing tracks have been included: 1 last 35 seconds and the other is 1min. Use whichever you want!
    Backing track download link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1D-Z-Ik3oEA4oeI5882h-_Wlbnx__Tz51?usp=sharing

LENGTH OF THE CONTEST:

• From Wednesday August 18th to September 8th 2021 (3 weeks in total)
    THE BIG PRIZE:

• Synner merch curated by the one and only @Jamie London
    • 20% off coupon code for the Synner Shop
    • 3 months legend upgrade
    • Winner Banner
    • Special acheivment
    Now that you guys have a good idea about what the contest looks like, I want to say a few quick things about participation. I understand that there are a lot of people here who feel like they aren't good enough or like they haven't been playing long enough for them to participate in this contest. And so to anyone who feels like this represents them, I have one thing to ask: participate.

Synner is all about growth, community, respect, learning and this is why the judges, which I will be one of, will judge with the following criteria:

• Performance (How much fun do you have performing your creation)
    • Presentation (Be original with your video submission ;) )
    • Originality (How did you use the lesson? Did you create a unique composition that does not borrow from another source)
    And so as you can see, the outcome of the contest does NOT rely on skills alone; gotta use all your assets and talents :rock-hand:

In short, we aren't looking for the best technical guitar player. Instead, we want to get to know you through your music! So none of you have a reason to NOT participate, I shall not allow it! At the end of the day, I highly believe that you will learn a lot by just taking time to make your entry. You can all do it. I believe in all of you.

If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to ask in this thread!

But enough of me talking. LET THE CONTEST BEGIN!!!
    Are late entries acceptable?Because i just found out about this website today and i am excited to participate.

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Looks like a huge turn out for the submissions. My only critique is that one were posted in the riff section so it's hard to give feedback. If anyone wants feedback I HIGHLY advice posting there. I wanted to watch and commenting as many as possible but obviously that's hard with 48483838 replies that's come from it.

And @Willard D. Veator I think you should post your video anyways.. even of it's not counted I'd like to hear and see what you had in mind.