• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Some Life Advice - Be Proud Of Yourself

iridecently

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Jun 5, 2020
    Groningen
    Thank you Jak for being so open in sharing your thoughts, feelings and personal life ♥️ ♥️

Since my early teens I've struggled with depression, (severe) anxiety and perfectionism. For the first time in years I'm at a place where I feel alright about myself because I have stopped putting so much (negative) pressure on myself and let myself go find outside help instead of trying to fix everything myself and pretend everything is fine.

It's totally okay to have a shit day, search out things and people that make you feel good and just be nice to yourself everyone 🥰

Chris Johnston

Music Theory Bragger
  • Nov 11, 2019
    North Ayrshire, Scotland
    I kinda understand this. During the first years of my adulthood, I started to drink a lot "for fun", with friends or by myself. But then one day I got really sick and passed out, and realized I was just trying to avoid certain things in my life. So, I went to therapy. I hope you can figure out what's behind your drinking habit and solve any issues you might have.
    Yeah that's totally it. I've had the exact same thing happen way too many times. It's like you don't want the feeling to end so you don't know when enough is enough. It's almost disguised as fun, but I know it's a crutch to cope with stuff. I think I have a good idea of what it is I'm trying to cope with, it's just one of those things I'll need to pluck up the courage eventually to seek therapy for 😊 Thanks so much for the advice and insight!