• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Some personal stuff I'd like to share

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Hey Guys,

I'm hoping I'm not breaking any community rules with this but I'd really like to share something.

I just had a talk with a doctor because my mental health isn't really in the best shape and it's very likely I'm struggling with PTMD due to an accident I had 4 years ago. The doctor effectively said It's a good idea to see a therapist and I made an appointment already.

The reason I'm sharing this is because I feel like In the past I sometimes reacted a bit to aggressive/extreme to certain things and to anyone who was on the receiving end of one of those I would like to apologize because I consider my mental state a reason and not an excuse. I also genuinely didn't know at the time I was struggling with this and now I'm aware so I hope it won't happen again ever.

I think, I've struggled with this for the better part of the last 4 years but could always keep it in check pretty well so it didn't come out that much. However, due to covid and thesis stress lately it's been starting to get the better of me a lot more. I've been having lots of flashbacks and sleeping very badly.

I also would like to stress I'm not looking for anyone to take the role of therapist for me because I really think this is something for a professional to deal with and I don't want to drop this on anyone's roof.

If you catch me being not as happy/engaging as you're used to of me this is also probably the reason that is the case.

If you made it this far, thank you 🙏

Synner Endless Summer Collection

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Realizing something isn’t quite right and reaching out for help is the hardest step, and you’ve accomplished that which is huge ! I wish you well my friend.
Thank you so much Alicia!
Hope you can overcome this soon, seeking professional help is a good start! Wish you the best 🖤
Thank you so much Batbia!

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Thank you for sharing something so personal with us. I'm sure you will overcome this ✨ and remember, we are here for you if you need us 💫
Thank you so much Ari!
Thank you for sharing this with us, you are very brave as you are going through all this. I wish you all the best and good health!! ❤️
Thank you so much Gabby!

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com
    It takes a lot of courage to share such a personal thing, so thank you for trusting us with this.
    Seeking for professional help is a big and important step to your recovery. I'm proud of you, 'cause it's not an easy thing to do, but you were able to realize you need it. It will definitely help you a lot!
    I don't suffer from PTSD, but I also struggle with my mental health. So, if you ever feel the need to talk or vent, you can hit me up.
    I know you can overcome this, and we are all here for you.
    Much love! ❤

• Love
    Reactions: idssdi

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    It takes a lot of courage to share such a personal thing, so thank you for trusting us with this.
    Seeking for professional help is a big and important step to your recovery. I'm proud of you, 'cause it's not an easy thing to do, but you were able to realize you need it. It will definitely help you a lot!
    I don't suffer from PTSD, but I also struggle with my mental health. So, if you ever feel the need to talk or vent, you can hit me up.
    I know you can overcome this, and we are all here for you.
    Much love! ❤
    Thank you so much!

• Love
    Reactions: redlipsofdeceit

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    It takes a lot of courage to share something so personal with someone else, thank you for trusting us. As they already said, realizing and accepting that something is not quite right and reaching out for help is the first, hardest step and you’ve done it. I’m sure you will overcome this, wish you all the best!
    Thank you so much!

Reactions: Lucrezia