• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Some personal stuff I'd like to share

G

Gemma G.S.

Wishing you healing and better days ahead, Ids! The world right now is definitely not easy to navigate, but especially not if you're already dealing with something like this. It's no walk in the park to be so transparent about mental health sometimes - proud of you for recognizing it! 🤘🏻

• Love
Reactions: idssdi

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Wishing you healing and better days ahead, Ids! The world right now is definitely not easy to navigate, but especially not if you're already dealing with something like this. It's no walk in the park to be so transparent about mental health sometimes - proud of you for recognizing it! 🤘🏻
Thank you so much Gemma!

• Love
Reactions: Gemma G.S.
Synner Endless Summer Collection

John Robinson

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
Nashville tn.
Hey Guys,

I'm hoping I'm not breaking any community rules with this but I'd really like to share something.

I just had a talk with a doctor because my mental health isn't really in the best shape and it's very likely I'm struggling with PTMD due to an accident I had 4 years ago. The doctor effectively said It's a good idea to see a therapist and I made an appointment already.

The reason I'm sharing this is because I feel like In the past I sometimes reacted a bit to aggressive/extreme to certain things and to anyone who was on the receiving end of one of those I would like to apologize because I consider my mental state a reason and not an excuse. I also genuinely didn't know at the time I was struggling with this and now I'm aware so I hope it won't happen again ever.

I think, I've struggled with this for the better part of the last 4 years but could always keep it in check pretty well so it didn't come out that much. However, due to covid and thesis stress lately it's been starting to get the better of me a lot more. I've been having lots of flashbacks and sleeping very badly.

I also would like to stress I'm not looking for anyone to take the role of therapist for me because I really think this is something for a professional to deal with and I don't want to drop this on anyone's roof.

If you catch me being not as happy/engaging as you're used to of me this is also probably the reason that is the case.

If you made it this far, thank you 🙏
Of all the interactions we have had and all that i have seen with other people i havent witnessed you being less than nice and i have been here from the beginning.that being said im glad youre getting the help that you need..cheers john

• Love

Autumn

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Portland, Oregon
    Hey Guys,

I'm hoping I'm not breaking any community rules with this but I'd really like to share something.

I just had a talk with a doctor because my mental health isn't really in the best shape and it's very likely I'm struggling with PTMD due to an accident I had 4 years ago. The doctor effectively said It's a good idea to see a therapist and I made an appointment already.

The reason I'm sharing this is because I feel like In the past I sometimes reacted a bit to aggressive/extreme to certain things and to anyone who was on the receiving end of one of those I would like to apologize because I consider my mental state a reason and not an excuse. I also genuinely didn't know at the time I was struggling with this and now I'm aware so I hope it won't happen again ever.

I think, I've struggled with this for the better part of the last 4 years but could always keep it in check pretty well so it didn't come out that much. However, due to covid and thesis stress lately it's been starting to get the better of me a lot more. I've been having lots of flashbacks and sleeping very badly.

I also would like to stress I'm not looking for anyone to take the role of therapist for me because I really think this is something for a professional to deal with and I don't want to drop this on anyone's roof.

If you catch me being not as happy/engaging as you're used to of me this is also probably the reason that is the case.

If you made it this far, thank you 🙏
    Stay strong! Wishing you a speedy recovery, mental health is a mean bitch... 💪👑

• Love
    J

Jak Angelescu

I think the best thing in the entire world on a path to recovery, is recognizing there is a problem, and then actually realizing what the problem IS. These are huge, enormous steps, and they are the first steps on to full recovery and a much better life. I fully appreciate you coming to light with this, as I don't like it when friends suffer in the dark. I think it's great that you said "Please don't take the role of a therapist here". Because friends, while they MEAN to help, sometimes need to learn the best help they can give is simply to be there. I wish you a lot of luck on your road to recovery. It'll be much better for you! Love you man!

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    I think the best thing in the entire world on a path to recovery, is recognizing there is a problem, and then actually realizing what the problem IS. These are huge, enormous steps, and they are the first steps on to full recovery and a much better life. I fully appreciate you coming to light with this, as I don't like it when friends suffer in the dark. I think it's great that you said "Please don't take the role of a therapist here". Because friends, while they MEAN to help, sometimes need to learn the best help they can give is simply to be there. I wish you a lot of luck on your road to recovery. It'll be much better for you! Love you man!
    Thank you so much Jak!