• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Song I'm working on, any ideas how I can make it different? like my guitar playing?

Andrew Fernandes

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
London
www.youtube.com
The song is in B minor. I do arpeggiated chords throughout the whole song might become a bit tiresome on the ears. Chords are E minor A major D major I hit the G note and F sharp Note. This song also has a solo as well and some other guitar solo sections. I hope my singing voice is much better now. I also have a female backing on it, she is great. I really like the lyrics in this also. Did more vocal harmonies as well. Tell me your overall thoughts on what you think. I am really hopeful for this song.

• Love
Reactions: Kim and William B.

bendogg705

Free Bird Player
Apr 26, 2020
So, I think it would help to make it a bit more dynamic. you can do that with the rhythm section. Songs that are very chordy can be improved by changing rhythms behind the chords. Check out 'Tonight' by Smashing pumpkins. It's a good example of what I'm talking about. You could also introduce some sections that are syncopated, almost like reggae although it doesn't have to be reggae per se, but that kind of feel.

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    I really enjoyed it, started singing that lost and found part some :D I'll add you on SC
    is that your page? I couldn't like the song or find it
    It reminds me of a mix of several songs, aspects of them
    The guitar parts keep me more focused on the vocals.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Andrew Fernandes

Andrew Fernandes

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    London
    www.youtube.com
    I really enjoyed it, started singing that lost and found part some :D I'll add you on SC
    is that your page? I couldn't like the song or find it
    It reminds me of a mix of several songs, aspects of them
    The guitar parts keep me more focused on the vocals.
    That's my "record label" demo channel, they are a charity for artists like me with mental health. It's cool you liked it!

Reactions: William B.

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I like it, but you're right - there needs to be a little more variety in there. Maybe an embellishment instrument in some of the sections that makes it "feel" a little different? Something that comes in and out to distinguish the parts a little. It seems like the only thing that changes is the vocal part. That's fine, but across 4.5 minutes, you want a little something spicy to grab the ears part way through that changes the feel a little.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Andrew Fernandes

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    London
    www.youtube.com
    So, I think it would help to make it a bit more dynamic. you can do that with the rhythm section. Songs that are very chordy can be improved by changing rhythms behind the chords. Check out 'Tonight' by Smashing pumpkins. It's a good example of what I'm talking about. You could also introduce some sections that are syncopated, almost like reggae although it doesn't have to be reggae per se, but that kind of feel.
    yes I agree on the dynamic. I listen to the smashing pumpkin song i understand what you mean.

Andrew Fernandes

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    London
    www.youtube.com
    I like it, but you're right - there needs to be a little more variety in there. Maybe an embellishment instrument in some of the sections that makes it "feel" a little different? Something that comes in and out to distinguish the parts a little. It seems like the only thing that changes is the vocal part. That's fine, but across 4.5 minutes, you want a little something spicy to grab the ears part way through that changes the feel a little.
    I was thinking of adding in some pads, acoustic guitar maybe even some real strings maybe some real strings.

Reactions: Ed Seith

Andrew Fernandes

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    London
    www.youtube.com
    A Demo is a secret project? Sounds cool! There could be a change up somewhere, I think it's a called a bridge? First time hearing it I didn't notice there wasn't any drums :D Maybe the female singer volume can go up a little more?
    Yeah still need to work on the drums, I kinda wanted something a bit unorthodox like Latin pop reggaeton drums or something similar, but it may not work.

Reactions: William B.

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Yeah still need to work on the drums, I kinda wanted something a bit unorthodox like Latin pop reggaeton drums or something similar, but it may not work.
    Try it out, reggaeton is a bit fast isn't it? I haven't heard much of that style not sure of the possibilities. For sure curious as to how it would sound, it could be a song without drums too or just a a section with added drums? IDK= I don't know

Synner Endless Summer Collection