• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Song I'm working on. No idea on what genre it is. Thoughts?

Andrew Milner

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    andreilucianmoraru.com
    Genre-wise, it starts a little bit in the symphonic rock area, then moves to a bit of progressive-ish rock vibe. Reminds me a bit of Mad Hatter's solo. During what I assume is the chorus you also reach a bit of 80s vibe, which I like.

I like the song overall, it's a very relaxing one as far as its instrumental goes.

My 2c on the matter :D.

Andrew Fernandes

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    London
    www.youtube.com
    Genre-wise, it starts a little bit in the symphonic rock area, then moves to a bit of progressive-ish rock vibe. Reminds me a bit of Mad Hatter's solo. During what I assume is the chorus you also reach a bit of 80s vibe, which I like.

I like the song overall, it's a very relaxing one as far as its instrumental goes.

My 2c on the matter :D.
    Thanks for the reply which part do you think is the chorus?

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Chris Johnston

Music Theory Bragger
  • Nov 11, 2019
    North Ayrshire, Scotland
    This is so nice, man! I actually love the electronic sounding drums throughout (the reverb on the snare got me at first!)

The melody of the chorus is really pretty as well. And the synths are cool too! I'm really bad at assigning genre's so really not sure, but to me It's like 'moody electronic rock/pop'?

I could actually imagine this so clearly as a soundtrack like a 'coming of age' movie, for some reason. Like after something bad happened and someone is sitting thinking about it? - that's just my imagination running riot though haha.

Great job!

Reactions: Andrew Fernandes

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    The chorus is "no, where did you go..."
    I don't know how to sing the chorus with more energy, its moree of a chilled vibe
    You'll get more energy with more practice. Your voice is strong.. but it can be stronger. The more you sing it.. the better you'll fit in everytime you sing it. I like the song the way it is.. its a good base.

Reactions: Andrew Fernandes

Andrew Fernandes

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    London
    www.youtube.com
    This is so nice, man! I actually love the electronic sounding drums throughout (the reverb on the snare got me at first!)

The melody of the chorus is really pretty as well. And the synths are cool too! I'm really bad at assigning genre's so really not sure, but to me It's like 'moody electronic rock/pop'?

I could actually imagine this so clearly as a soundtrack like a 'coming of age' movie, for some reason. Like after something bad happened and someone is sitting thinking about it? - that's just my imagination running riot though haha.

Great job!
    Is american pie a coming of age film if so I love American pies soundtrack.

• Love
    Reactions: Chris Johnston