• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Song Lessons

Julian Barton

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Would anyone else like to maybe see a section of videos for lessons on how to play various Avenged songs? Also maybe a section where you can video chat with someone (maybe in the messages) so you can see what someone is doing/talking about. It would help people learn off of each other I think personally in case they didn’t understand the video.

Dylan Tower

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
I think instead of full song lessons, they should take the problematic partes of songs (i.e. solos, leads, odd rythms, etc.) And teach them but also teach the way it was written and the thought process/theory behind licks and riffs so we better our writing capabilities

Kevin Welton

One Stringer
Nov 11, 2019
I agree with Dylan, lessons on problematic parts of songs would be better! There is so much benefit as a player to learning songs by ear and in my opinion it should be strongly encouraged! Obviously there will be parts that will be harder than others so maybe doing some videos on a request basis for parts that a player just can’t figure out?! That would be more beneficial than the whole song done for them