• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Song writing

JakAngelescu

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Aug 12, 2022
So I’ve always been the guitar behind a lot of the music I have. With tabs on a few other instruments in a band I’m in. But I’ve never really don’t lyrics. Words were never my forte, so I’m having trouble writing lyrics. Any help? Guidance or advice?
To be honest my friend, words don't have to be your forte at all. You're writing lyrics, not an Anne Rice novel.

You can look at the likes of The Beatles and Richard Harris and you see some of the weirdest random lyrics anyone could ever shake a stick at. Then you can get into the likes of Queen and have stuff that is absolute sheer poetry. But then you can go ahead and jump over to Beyonce and literally just repeat the same words over and over again lol.

The point is to write what you feel and it doesn't have to rhyme at all. If you have issues expressing your emotions on paper it's only because you're getting way too much into your own mind. For God's sake when I worked at a music studio we found lyrics about a song called Marijuana Man lol. And the lyrics to that were absolutely hilarious and completely random 😂😂

Upvote 0

Th3w6r8t

New Student
Dec 11, 2021
To be honest my friend, words don't have to be your forte at all. You're writing lyrics, not an Anne Rice novel.

You can look at the likes of The Beatles and Richard Harris and you see some of the weirdest random lyrics anyone could ever shake a stick at. Then you can get into the likes of Queen and have stuff that is absolute sheer poetry. But then you can go ahead and jump over to Beyonce and literally just repeat the same words over and over again lol.

The point is to write what you feel and it doesn't have to rhyme at all. If you have issues expressing your emotions on paper it's only because you're getting way too much into your own mind. For God's sake when I worked at a music studio we found lyrics about a song called Marijuana Man lol. And the lyrics to that were absolutely hilarious and completely random 😂😂
Thank you, this actually puts me at ease with what I wrote. Thanks!

Reactions: Ed Seith
Upvote 0