• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Guitar Songs for drop D tuning

MaybeBaby

New Student
Sep 10, 2020
Wussup everyone!
41.gif

So I have a floyd rose bridge guitar, meaning I married to the drop D tuning.

And it's hard sometimes because a lot of metal music is in standard tuning; I was able to transcribe some songs like the trooper so I could play along with a D tuning version from Youtube

But this method don't work for me for a lot of songs, so I am wondering if there are any people who can relate to this and maybe recommend some songs to learn using this method?

Last edited:
Reactions: William B.

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Outside of A7X (which is almost ALL drop d), there are quite a few. Some you may like, others maybe not.

Earth to Andy - Still After You
    Savatage - Edge of Thorns, Gutter Ballet, Handful of Rain
    STP - Meadow
    Ratt - Lay it Down
    Sixx A<: Life is Beautiful
    Tremonti - Sympathy
    Galactic Cowboys - Feel the Rage
    Foo Fighters - Everlong
    Blur - Song 2
    Creed - My Own Prison, Higher

Ultimate Guitar can sort by tuning, and while there are a fair number of non-official tabs there that really aren't in Drop-D, like The Trooper, they can usually be played in Drop D with some relative ease. Enjoy!

Upvote 0

MaybeBaby

New Student
    Sep 10, 2020
    Outside of A7X (which is almost ALL drop d), there are quite a few. Some you may like, others maybe not.

Earth to Andy - Still After You
    Savatage - Edge of Thorns, Gutter Ballet, Handful of Rain
    STP - Meadow
    Ratt - Lay it Down
    Sixx A<: Life is Beautiful
    Tremonti - Sympathy
    Galactic Cowboys - Feel the Rage
    Foo Fighters - Everlong
    Blur - Song 2
    Creed - My Own Prison, Higher

Ultimate Guitar can sort by tuning, and while there are a fair number of non-official tabs there that really aren't in Drop-D, like The Trooper, they can usually be played in Drop D with some relative ease. Enjoy!

Thanks for the list!
    But it's not why I opened the topic 😅

I'm searching for people like me who transcribing songs.
    The video that I shared is full step down so im playing it in drop d

Reactions: Ian _Invader
    Upvote 0

MaybeBaby

New Student
    Sep 10, 2020
    Im afraid that i didnt made myself clear.
    Im not searching for drop d songs, im searching for e standard songs that i can transcribe like i shared the trooper in d tuning.

The low E string is D so i change all the chords a full step down, this method is great but its not always working on a lot of songs.

So I was wondering if someone had done what I did and have some recommended songs I can transcribe

Upvote 0
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Im afraid that i didnt made myself clear.
    Im not searching for drop d songs, im searching for e standard songs that i can transcribe like i shared the trooper in d tuning.

The low E string is D so i change all the chords a full step down, this method is great but its not always working on a lot of songs.

So I was wondering if someone had done what I did and have some recommended songs I can transcribe
    I think if you can move every note down 1 whole step it's good, I think Slayer has songs in D standard
    Where the B turns to C and E to F, those probably need additional or different spacing

It's maybe not the same but I tune lower like D standard sometimes and just play the same stuff

Upvote 0