• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Sorry to do this here - but how can I cancel?

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
It is either, depending on what you signed up for, but I don’t believe it auto-charges. I know it doesn’t for the annual. I don’t get involved in the money changing hands part, though.
Hard time.believing its change on its own. I mean synner could be a real douche and deny the guys wishes depending on when it renewed itself. But I'd imagine a place for the community would understand situations like this where something just renewed and took someones rent payment away. Which happens daily to people without realizing it.

Reactions: Mauro FILHO
Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Hard time.believing its change on its own. I mean synner could be a real douche and deny the guys wishes depending on when it renewed itself. But I'd imagine a place for the community would understand situations like this where something just renewed and took someones rent payment away. Which happens daily to people without realizing it.
    Almost every single time-based purchase on the internet is a subscription, and when you sign up, you agree to auto-renewal. That is how 99% of service-based commerce on the internet works. And only SOME countries require you to be notified that your renewal date is approaching. Just last week I had to cancel an annual subscription I haven't used in two years because I saw the charge on my credit card bill - I must have missed it last year. My point was that my annual Legend did NOT auto-renew, so I was assuming we didn't do that here.

As for "being a douche" and "denying the guy's wishes," I don't run the finances of the site, but I can tell you this is not something that has ever been done here. I don't know if there's anything written into the code to address it, and I don't want to assume there is. That's why I added the code/money people to the thread.

There's an old saying: "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." - Margaret Atwood

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Almost every single time-based purchase on the internet is a subscription, and when you sign up, you agree to auto-renewal. That is how 99% of service-based commerce on the internet works. And only SOME countries require you to be notified that your renewal date is approaching. Just last week I had to cancel an annual subscription I haven't used in two years because I saw the charge on my credit card bill - I must have missed it last year. My point was that my annual Legend did NOT auto-renew, so I was assuming we didn't do that here.

As for "being a douche" and "denying the guy's wishes," I don't run the finances of the site, but I can tell you this is not something that has ever been done here. I don't know if there's anything written into the code to address it, and I don't want to assume there is. That's why I added the code/money people to the thread.

There's an old saying: "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." - Margaret Atwood
    I'm no implying that people have been rude however like you just said people forget things. You wanna be for the community? Make exceptions. Show people theres a reason to come back.

alexj

Community Manager
    Staff member
  • Jul 13, 2020
    Chicago
    I've searched the site for a half hour and can't find anything. I look forward to re-joining at some point but need the cash in the meantime. Thank you.
    Hey there! I took a look at the payments associated with the email you use for your account and it looks like your subscription has already been canceled and you won't be billed going forward. If you do happen to be billed in the future though, shoot me a PM and I'll make sure you get refunded :)

Reactions: Riff36