• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Star Wars Thread

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    Since I didn't want to flood to other thread and let it stay to the point, I thought I would create this one instead where we could talk about a galaxy far far away...

So let's get into it!

@Gabby Heafy That's true the fight between Maul and Obi Wan was really great! There is even more weight to that scene because of Qui Gon's death. Honestly though, I'd really want a star wars movie about Darth Vader in his prime being an absolute monster. Done in the style of a horror movie where Vader is just an unstoppable beast, it could amongst the greatest star wars movie.... Oh and fuck yeah I saw the mandalorian. Plus since i'm mostly disconnected from the news and all I went into the finale having no expectations and when the lonely x-wing appears, I was just like ''Nah they wouldn't'' But then the hooded figure and the ignition of the green lightsaber... absolute chills!!!

@chris_is_cool Empire is also very close in my top. Battle of Hoth is just unforgettable. And yeah those sequels... ouf, I do have some thoughts.

@Ed Seith Ay captain! Glad you liked the role I casted you in! :ROFLMAO: And yeah you actually lived during the era where star wars was just a phenomenon with no Internet to flood you with theories and shit. How was it when you saw empire and Vader revealed he was the father? Like today everyone knows but back then? It must have been on another level!!

Though I see your point about the prequels. Though for me, I sort of see them with nostalgia glasses on (you know how powerful those can be...) and so, idk why but I just still enjoy them! Even that line about sand in attack of the clone is... well... irritating. As for the sequels, I unfortunately see them as wasted potential. Good idea but terrible organization and inexistant structure. I'm not a fan of TLJ but I get why some people would be. Though I will say that I actually disagree with your point on Luke's arc. I thought it didn't fit the character at all. Luke in Return of the jedi strongly believed in the redemption of his father even though vader was such a monster but then in the sequels he gets a couple nightmares and even goes as far as to think about murdering his nephew? Maybe if this was developed well through the movies, it could have been good. But as it is, personnally, not for me!

But as you said, everyone can decide what they chose as canon or not! And I think that's a great thing! It's so massive that you can go and pick and chose what really hits you and ignore what you don't like. The internet makes it feel like you have to love everything about star wars to be a fan but in the end, no one's forcing anyone to do anything!

Also, im offended about your obvious prejudice against droids.

Gabby Heafy

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Apr 5, 2020
    www.instagram.com
    yassss a Darth Vader movie would be really cool! :love: I don't know if you've seen the animated series Rebels, Clone Wars and now the new one, The Bad Batch, I really like Clone Wars, it explains a lot of things that are left unfinished in the movies, even Rebels goes more in depth about Darth Maul! I'm also a video game nerd, I don't know if you played Battlefront or the Fallen order? 🥸

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I remember when Empire came out. There really weren't spoilers, because we all HAD TO SEE IT opening weekend. We'd waited three years. It was the absolute BOMBSHELL. Literally NO ONE saw that coming (mostly because George pulled it out of his ass at some point during shooting), and on the school bus Monday morning and for months after, it was hotly debated whether it was true or if Vader was trying to trick Luke. It would be ANOTHER three years before we got final confirmation in Return of the Jedi.

I don't think you Millennials and Zoomers can really grasp waiting THAT LONG for something like that. I don't mean that as a dig - it was a different era. No one shot sequels back to back back then and there was no internet to discuss and dissect things on - we had the school bus and the playground at lunchtime, and that was it. We couldn't even sit down and watch things over and over - you saw a Star Wars movie 20 or 50 times in theaters and that was it. There was no home video, even. That wouldn't really start until the mid-80s, and renting a movie cost almost as much as a ticket to the theater. Movies weren't "priced to own" for a few more years, in the late 80s.

The big action sequence in Empire was, of course, Hoth. Had to have the snow speeder toy. In Return, it was the speeder bikes from Endor.

I remember the rumor mill in maybe mid-82 that the new movie was going to be called "Revenge of the Jedi" and that was true - there is actually some rare merch out there with that title, before, at the last minute, George decided that "revenge" was not something a Jedi should seek, and changed it to Return. Obviously, he revisited that idea later when naming "Revenge of the Sith!"

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    yassss a Darth Vader movie would be really cool! :love: I don't know if you've seen the animated series Rebels, Clone Wars and now the new one, The Bad Batch, I really like Clone Wars, it explains a lot of things that are left unfinished in the movies, even Rebels goes more in depth about Darth Maul! I'm also a video game nerd, I don't know if you played Battlefront or the Fallen order? 🥸
    Oh yeah I LOVE the animated shows! Clone Wars was fantastic! The mandalore arc with Satine added so much depth and I love how it drew a parallel between Obi-wan/Satine and Anakin/Padme and how Obi-Wan could have truly understood Anakin if only Anakin would have trusted him more... And also the final of clone wars? Absolute chills. I love the Bad Batch so far. I love that the idea is to go more in depth into what happened to the clones between RotS and ANH! And rebels had great moments too, I mean the second season with Vader was some of the best moments. We talked about a Vader movie but also in Rebels, those moments were Vader made an appearance and both Kanan and Ezra felt how powerful he was and they were reeeeallly scared. And of course, them showing how Maul arc's ended... it was really well handled to see Maul dying in Obi-Wan's arm. Also, grand admiral Thrawn! :love:

And yeah im with you there with video games! I played both battlefront and fallen order! I cant wait for the next ones!

Reactions: Ed Seith

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    I remember when Empire came out. There really weren't spoilers, because we all HAD TO SEE IT opening weekend. We'd waited three years. It was the absolute BOMBSHELL. Literally NO ONE saw that coming (mostly because George pulled it out of his ass at some point during shooting), and on the school bus Monday morning and for months after, it was hotly debated whether it was true or if Vader was trying to trick Luke. It would be ANOTHER three years before we got final confirmation in Return of the Jedi.

I don't think you Millennials and Zoomers can really grasp waiting THAT LONG for something like that. I don't mean that as a dig - it was a different era. No one shot sequels back to back back then and there was no internet to discuss and dissect things on - we had the school bus and the playground at lunchtime, and that was it. We couldn't even sit down and watch things over and over - you saw a Star Wars movie 20 or 50 times in theaters and that was it. There was no home video, even. That wouldn't really start until the mid-80s, and renting a movie cost almost as much as a ticket to the theater. Movies weren't "priced to own" for a few more years, in the late 80s.

The big action sequence in Empire was, of course, Hoth. Had to have the snow speeder toy. In Return, it was the speeder bikes from Endor.

I remember the rumor mill in maybe mid-82 that the new movie was going to be called "Revenge of the Jedi" and that was true - there is actually some rare merch out there with that title, before, at the last minute, George decided that "revenge" was not something a Jedi should seek, and changed it to Return. Obviously, he revisited that idea later when naming "Revenge of the Sith!"
    See, I think that's one of the big problem nowdays is that we are just too spoiled with too many things at the same time and we can't take the time to really enjoy movies or show as they are because we are always exposed to a million fan theories that set expectations all over the place. When I went into the Mandalorian season 2, I went completely blind. Haven't seen trailers and haven't watched any reviews or speculations. And boy did I enjoy the ride so much more because of it! The reveal of Boba and the final...

But I think you are right that nowdays we are a bit spoiled and I would go as far as to say oversaturated with different content. It's really interesting to have your point of view because at the end of the day, you were there at the beginning of Star wars!

And yeah I saw a couple of posters with Revenge of the jedi! And i think it was a good decision in the end for the name change. Seems to fit the other mentality really well!

But yeah what would star wars be without merchandising? I mean, I do love my Lego Death star... had to have it :ROFLMAO:

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    I used to absorb set details and casting choices and this and that for properties that interested me. I've stopped doing that, and just enjoying it all. Luke at the end of the Mandalorian S02 was a complete surprise and I loved it.
    Exactly! Just going into a show or movie or whatever with no expectations and let the actual entity show what it has so you can live the moment and then actually form an opinion with the emotionnal ride that you took!

Gabby Heafy

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Apr 5, 2020
    www.instagram.com
    Oh yeah I LOVE the animated shows! Clone Wars was fantastic! The mandalore arc with Satine added so much depth and I love how it drew a parallel between Obi-wan/Satine and Anakin/Padme and how Obi-Wan could have truly understood Anakin if only Anakin would have trusted him more... And also the final of clone wars? Absolute chills. I love the Bad Batch so far. I love that the idea is to go more in depth into what happened to the clones between RotS and ANH! And rebels had great moments too, I mean the second season with Vader was some of the best moments. We talked about a Vader movie but also in Rebels, those moments were Vader made an appearance and both Kanan and Ezra felt how powerful he was and they were reeeeallly scared. And of course, them showing how Maul arc's ended... it was really well handled to see Maul dying in Obi-Wan's arm. Also, grand admiral Thrawn! :love:

And yeah im with you there with video games! I played both battlefront and fallen order! I cant wait for the next ones!
    wow Radu! I love that you like video games as much as I do! :) I loved the battlefront where you could go in the AT-AT! how crazy! i can't wait for another wonderful game like this one. Speaking of the animated series my favorite was clone wars... the relationship between Anakin and his apprentice Ahsoka Tano, she is incredibly powerful and when i saw her appear in the Mandalorian series, it was amazing. i loved her connection with Grogu! i want to see the 2nd part!. Which is your favorite character? ( Darth vader) another one? haha

Ed Seith

Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I've thoroughly enjoyed Battlefront I and II. II had the only single player campaign, which was enjoyable, and more overall options and possibilities, but I really miss some of the maps from I, and it's all but dead on PC - you can't find matches at all.

Fallen Order was brilliant. I loved every minute of it!

Reactions: Rad Synner

Eric Kane

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Yes Radu and Ed! Information overload, and everyone has to try to have a unique theory on Youtube or a blog or somewhere, and tell everyone how great their theory is. I'm a bit younger than Ed, but I did survive pre-internet life, and I did catch ROTJ in theaters, obsessed over Star Wars, and had all the Hasbro toys (unfortunately my Mom got rid of all of them in a yard sale - Moms never seem to understand the value of toys, am I right?). Debates on the bus and the playground, check. I'm just happy that we have all of this Star Wars content to enjoy. Yes, the sequel trilogy needed to be organized better before they began the first film, and there were some things in each of those films that I didn't necessarily like or agree with, but I still enjoyed them! The Mandalorian is great! It seems like people just want to find something to complain about. Just let go, watch whatever and escape for a little bit, and you might actually enjoy it!

Ed Seith

Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Yes Radu and Ed! Information overload, and everyone has to try to have a unique theory on Youtube or a blog or somewhere, and tell everyone how great their theory is. I'm a bit younger than Ed, but I did survive pre-internet life, and I did catch ROTJ in theaters, obsessed over Star Wars, and had all the Hasbro toys (unfortunately my Mom got rid of all of them in a yard sale - Moms never seem to understand the value of toys, am I right?). Debates on the bus and the playground, check. I'm just happy that we have all of this Star Wars content to enjoy. Yes, the sequel trilogy needed to be organized better before they began the first film, and there were some things in each of those films that I didn't necessarily like or agree with, but I still enjoyed them! The Mandalorian is great! It seems like people just want to find something to complain about. Just let go, watch whatever and escape for a little bit, and you might actually enjoy it!
    My mom let my oldest nephew play with all my Star Wars toys in the mid-90s, and he destroyed everything. Broke my heart.

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    wow Radu! I love that you like video games as much as I do! :) I loved the battlefront where you could go in the AT-AT! how crazy! i can't wait for another wonderful game like this one. Speaking of the animated series my favorite was clone wars... the relationship between Anakin and his apprentice Ahsoka Tano, she is incredibly powerful and when i saw her appear in the Mandalorian series, it was amazing. i loved her connection with Grogu! i want to see the 2nd part!. Which is your favorite character? ( Darth vader) another one? haha
    I am really looking forward to the Ashoka show! She'S a great character and I particularly love her arc in rebels when she realized who was Vader.. chills. Absolute chills. I wanna see Grogu turn to the dark side though...

And hey! What can possibly make you think that Vader is my favorite character despite the fact that I always mention him and how my favorite scenes revolve around him??? Pfff... but you're still right. Uhm apart from him I have to say I really love Grand Admiral Thrawn. He is a really interesting character who's insanely smart and also even though he is in the empire, he isn't evil. There is a bigger picture at play and I love this so I can't for his next appearance!!! On the jedi side, I would say I do love Obi Wan. I feel like he was one of the greatest and wisest of them. I think that put of all the jedis, he's the one that embodies them the best!

What about you?

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    I've thoroughly enjoyed Battlefront I and II. II had the only single player campaign, which was enjoyable, and more overall options and possibilities, but I really miss some of the maps from I, and it's all but dead on PC - you can't find matches at all.

Fallen Order was brilliant. I loved every minute of it!
    Can't wait for fallen order 2 and the Kotor remake. Once this streaming setup is on place, maybe we should do a stream playing some star wars games? Throwing that out there...!
    Well it's the age of the internet. Everyone has an opinion and if you don't agree with it, you are obviously wrong 🤷‍♂️ oh well. That's why I stopped reading comment sections.

Reactions: Gabby Heafy

Gabby Heafy

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Apr 5, 2020
    www.instagram.com
    I am really looking forward to the Ashoka show! She'S a great character and I particularly love her arc in rebels when she realized who was Vader.. chills. Absolute chills. I wanna see Grogu turn to the dark side though...

And hey! What can possibly make you think that Vader is my favorite character despite the fact that I always mention him and how my favorite scenes revolve around him??? Pfff... but you're still right. Uhm apart from him I have to say I really love Grand Admiral Thrawn. He is a really interesting character who's insanely smart and also even though he is in the empire, he isn't evil. There is a bigger picture at play and I love this so I can't for his next appearance!!! On the jedi side, I would say I do love Obi Wan. I feel like he was one of the greatest and wisest of them. I think that put of all the jedis, he's the one that embodies them the best!

What about you?
    Can you imagine Grogu with a sith saber! omg hahahaha that's will be epic but it would still give me tenderness! It's a great character with a great personality! 🥸 :love:

Great character you have chosen! he will definitely be the new Mandalorian villain and Ahsoka looking for him without peace. My favorite character is Darth Vader haha, couldn't not name him and Boba Fett and on the jedi side, I love the army of Clone Troopers protecting the republic, created from Jango fett ❤️❤️ #moodnerd

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    Can you imagine Grogu with a sith saber! omg hahahaha that's will be epic but it would still give me tenderness! It's a great character with a great personality! 🥸 :love:

Great character you have chosen! he will definitely be the new Mandalorian villain and Ahsoka looking for him without peace. My favorite character is Darth Vader haha, couldn't not name him and Boba Fett and on the jedi side, I love the army of Clone Troopers protecting the republic, created from Jango fett ❤️❤️ #moodnerd
    Being crushed to death with cuteness by grogu? That's your idea of dark side Grogu??? I lowkey just want evil yoda tbh :ROFLMAO:

Yes I can't wait to see him live action!! Though I am curious what they will do with him because I don't feel like he's a villain in the same vain as the empror. He has much more gray to him... And yeah glad we are on the same page about Vader! Boba is epic and the book of Boba sounds epic... protecting the republic you say? What about order 66... 😮

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    Thrawn was such a great character. Glad they're porting him over to Canon from the EU. Can't wait to see what they do with him. Also looking forward to Ahsoka. Rosario Dawson - what a match made in heaven there!
    Rosario Dawson is such a great actress and it's crazy to think that Ahsoka stared by being a character that no one liked from the 2008 clone wars movie to one of the greatest with such a deep lore! The Thrawn trilogy books were legendary for a reason so to me it was just a question of time for them to bring him back. But if they make him the next big thing, oof im all in for it. Though I do hope we will get to see Darth Revan some time soon!

Gabby Heafy

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Apr 5, 2020
    www.instagram.com
    Being crushed to death with cuteness by grogu? That's your idea of dark side Grogu??? I lowkey just want evil yoda tbh :ROFLMAO:

Yes I can't wait to see him live action!! Though I am curious what they will do with him because I don't feel like he's a villain in the same vain as the empror. He has much more gray to him... And yeah glad we are on the same page about Vader! Boba is epic and the book of Boba sounds epic... protecting the republic you say? What about order 66... 😮
    hahaha i think Drogu with his tenderness could beat the dark side! haha but seeing evil yoga would be epic anyway lol!!!!

yeah i know haha damn order 66 that puts the clone troopers against the republic, but after watching the whole clone wars animated series they are my favorite ❤️ do you like the character of Kylo Ren? In my personal opinion, i think he is a weak character to play someone so prominent in the empire:(