• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Star Wars Thread

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    hahaha i think Drogu with his tenderness could beat the dark side! haha but seeing evil yoga would be epic anyway lol!!!!

yeah i know haha damn order 66 that puts the clone troopers against the republic, but after watching the whole clone wars animated series they are my favorite ❤️ do you like the character of Kylo Ren? In my personal opinion, i think he is a weak character to play someone so prominent in the empire:(
    Is Drogu Grogu's cousin who does lots of drogues? That needs to be canaon!

For real, the clones are great. I love LOVE rex. Though I really want to know what happened to Cody because we know nothing...

I actually do like Kylo Ren's concept but wasn't a fan of the execution. In my opinion, I feel like it would have been better if they made Kylo fully commit to the dark side. He kills Han then Kills Leia and fully embodies a powerful sith ruler. I would have love to see his struggle in the first movie between the light and the dark and to see him actually chose the dark and not have any sort of redemption. Let time pass by between the movies so he grows and evolves from the whining teen who has tantrum from the 7th (which to me shows his inner conflicts) to a fully in control leader who chose the dark side and is in control of it. Someone you should truly fear. I feel like this would have been a path that truly would have made him iconic and interesting.

But no, we had him have a change of heart and then Rey and Kylo kisses? What?

What's your take on him though?

• Love
    Reactions: Gabby Heafy

Gabby Heafy

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Apr 5, 2020
    www.instagram.com
    Is Drogu Grogu's cousin who does lots of drogues? That needs to be canaon!

For real, the clones are great. I love LOVE rex. Though I really want to know what happened to Cody because we know nothing...

I actually do like Kylo Ren's concept but wasn't a fan of the execution. In my opinion, I feel like it would have been better if they made Kylo fully commit to the dark side. He kills Han then Kills Leia and fully embodies a powerful sith ruler. I would have love to see his struggle in the first movie between the light and the dark and to see him actually chose the dark and not have any sort of redemption. Let time pass by between the movies so he grows and evolves from the whining teen who has tantrum from the 7th (which to me shows his inner conflicts) to a fully in control leader who chose the dark side and is in control of it. Someone you should truly fear. I feel like this would have been a path that truly would have made him iconic and interesting.

But no, we had him have a change of heart and then Rey and Kylo kisses? What?

What's your take on him though?
    hahahaahahah you got me! he must be some distant cousin or even Grogu doesn't know he exists LOL

My opinion about Kylo Ren is very similar to yours, his character in many scenes looks like a misunderstood kid, who doesn't know what to do with his life. I think that maybe from the beginning they wanted to give the audience the possibility to believe that he was not really on the dark side but at the same time this takes away credibility from the other movies, where the dark side is too powerful, Anakin when he breaks into a rage kills children!!! and Kylo cries LOL... wtf

and the kiss between Kylo and Rey, it wasn't necessary and that's when you remember that Disney bought Star wars.... lol!

• Haha
    Reactions: Rad Synner

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    hahahaahahah you got me! he must be some distant cousin or even Grogu doesn't know he exists LOL

My opinion about Kylo Ren is very similar to yours, his character in many scenes looks like a misunderstood kid, who doesn't know what to do with his life. I think that maybe from the beginning they wanted to give the audience the possibility to believe that he was not really on the dark side but at the same time this takes away credibility from the other movies, where the dark side is too powerful, Anakin when he breaks into a rage kills children!!! and Kylo cries LOL... wtf

and the kiss between Kylo and Rey, it wasn't necessary and that's when you remember that Disney bought Star wars.... lol!
    See that's exactly it! We had the redemption arc of Anakin! Kylo didn't need one! I feel like Disney wanted so hard to have a new Darth Vader that they failed to realize they could make Kylo Ren it's own icon of it's own merit if only they would have commited to him becoming a dark side user! Damn, in RotS when Anakin goes to Dark side, he freaking wipes out the jedi order on coruscant. In the sequels? He throws a tantrum and gets bitch slapped left and right. I mean, how come he, who started training as a child get beat up by Rey who literally picked up a lightsaber the day before? It makes me not want to take him seriously.

You know how I remember that Disney bought Star Wars? When I go to the grocery store and see a bag of oranges with a Star Wars add on it... :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

Gabby Heafy

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Apr 5, 2020
    www.instagram.com
    See that's exactly it! We had the redemption arc of Anakin! Kylo didn't need one! I feel like Disney wanted so hard to have a new Darth Vader that they failed to realize they could make Kylo Ren it's own icon of it's own merit if only they would have commited to him becoming a dark side user! Damn, in RotS when Anakin goes to Dark side, he freaking wipes out the jedi order on coruscant. In the sequels? He throws a tantrum and gets bitch slapped left and right. I mean, how come he, who started training as a child get beat up by Rey who literally picked up a lightsaber the day before? It makes me not want to take him seriously.

You know how I remember that Disney bought Star Wars? When I go to the grocery store and see a bag of oranges with a Star Wars add on it... :ROFLMAO:
    Exactly! That's why Kylo's character loses so much power and respect. I was also annoyed by the way Luke's character looked... He was a worthy Jedi who would never give up and they made him an angry, resentful old man and throwing his lightsaber that way, wtf... it was painful for his fans🤯. I think the actor himself wasn't at all happy with the role he was given lol! he's very right to be angry hahahaha

Omg a bag of oranges hahahaha they're lost! lol🤣

• Haha

chris_is_cool

Hot Topic Tourer
    Apr 18, 2020
    Cologne, Germany
    Rosario Dawson is such a great actress and it's crazy to think that Ahsoka stared by being a character that no one liked from the 2008 clone wars movie to one of the greatest with such a deep lore! The Thrawn trilogy books were legendary for a reason so to me it was just a question of time for them to bring him back. But if they make him the next big thing, oof im all in for it. Though I do hope we will get to see Darth Revan some time soon!
    Absolutely agree on Ahsoka. She was insufferable in the Clone Wars pilot/movie and had such good character development over the series. I think by season 3 she is already amazing, and season 5 and 7 she is running the show. I think Filoni has said in interviews before that he deliberately designed her this way, to have meaningful character growth. Her arc with Vader in Rebels is also so emotional. Overall, she is probably in my personal Top 3 of SW characters.

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    Exactly! That's why Kylo's character loses so much power and respect. I was also annoyed by the way Luke's character looked... He was a worthy Jedi who would never give up and they made him an angry, resentful old man and throwing his lightsaber that way, wtf... it was painful for his fans🤯. I think the actor himself wasn't at all happy with the role he was given lol! he's very right to be angry hahahaha

Omg a bag of oranges hahahaha they're lost! lol🤣
    Yeah I'm with you there. I really loved Luke and to me, it just doesn't make sense to see him go that way. And let's be real for a sec, the way that the end of the force awakens end and the scene with Luke in TLJ where he throws the lightsaber just doesn't make sense. Like it feels soooo out of character and almost like a parody sketch.... I just didn't like this version of Luke at all and honestly? I hope they retcon it :ROFLMAO: At least we had the REAL luke at the end of the Mandalorian!! And yeah Mark Hamil is notorious these days for being very passive at throwing jabs to the sequel. I love him, he is so iconic! After all, he is also the Joker!

And yes Gabby of course! Don't you know that the best oranges are the one with the star wars logo on? :eek:

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    Absolutely agree on Ahsoka. She was insufferable in the Clone Wars pilot/movie and had such good character development over the series. I think by season 3 she is already amazing, and season 5 and 7 she is running the show. I think Filoni has said in interviews before that he deliberately designed her this way, to have meaningful character growth. Her arc with Vader in Rebels is also so emotional. Overall, she is probably in my personal Top 3 of SW characters.
    Yeah I agree with that! Filoni in general has a great vision for star wars which is why im so happy that he gained more control! What he did with Ahsoka just proves how great of a writer he is!

Gabby Heafy

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Apr 5, 2020
    www.instagram.com
    Yeah I'm with you there. I really loved Luke and to me, it just doesn't make sense to see him go that way. And let's be real for a sec, the way that the end of the force awakens end and the scene with Luke in TLJ where he throws the lightsaber just doesn't make sense. Like it feels soooo out of character and almost like a parody sketch.... I just didn't like this version of Luke at all and honestly? I hope they retcon it :ROFLMAO: At least we had the REAL luke at the end of the Mandalorian!! And yeah Mark Hamil is notorious these days for being very passive at throwing jabs to the sequel. I love him, he is so iconic! After all, he is also the Joker!

And yes Gabby of course! Don't you know that the best oranges are the one with the star wars logo on? :eek:
    the truth is that they created a new image of luke, which has nothing to do with the previous one, the essence was lost, a pity. But I have faith in The Mandalorian series, which has renewed our hope.:rolleyes:😋 Let's see how the second part goes on!!! I'm excited!!!! ❤️

I want to see a picture of that orange bag hahaha omg.🤣🤣

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    the truth is that they created a new image of luke, which has nothing to do with the previous one, the essence was lost, a pity. But I have faith in The Mandalorian series, which has renewed our hope.:rolleyes:😋 Let's see how the second part goes on!!! I'm excited!!!! ❤️

I want to see a picture of that orange bag hahaha omg.🤣🤣
    I agree. But yeah the Mandalorian so far has been spectacular at renewing star wars while still keeping the soul of it. Nothing in it felt force to please a specific demographic, it was just good on it's own... ah I can't wait for what's to come! Im more hyped for the show than for the movies now :p

ask and I shall provide...

BB8-Oranges.jpg

Gabby Heafy

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Apr 5, 2020
    www.instagram.com
    I agree. But yeah the Mandalorian so far has been spectacular at renewing star wars while still keeping the soul of it. Nothing in it felt force to please a specific demographic, it was just good on it's own... ah I can't wait for what's to come! Im more hyped for the show than for the movies now :p

ask and I shall provide...

View attachment 1641
    omg I want one of those bags hahahaha BB-8 wtf hahah! the creativity yeah is there, but will it have a message behind it all? 🤯 🤣 o_Ohahaha

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    omg I want one of those bags hahahaha BB-8 wtf hahah! the creativity yeah is there, but will it have a message behind it all? 🤯 🤣 o_Ohahaha
    NOOOO!!!! DON'T FALL INTO THE DARK SIDE OF CONSUMERISM!!! Look, im the first one who will go buy a 500$ lego death star, alright. Im not pure. But do you really need a star wars, bb-8 themed orange bag?? Are the oranges really going to be better???

• Haha

Gabby Heafy

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Apr 5, 2020
    www.instagram.com
    NOOOO!!!! DON'T FALL INTO THE DARK SIDE OF CONSUMERISM!!! Look, im the first one who will go buy a 500$ lego death star, alright. Im not pure. But do you really need a star wars, bb-8 themed orange bag?? Are the oranges really going to be better???
    HAHAHA this must have a drawing power for you to buy the oranges, because it comes with BB-8 in the bag!!! hahaha I see everyone falls on the dark side of consumerism, no doubt this contains a subliminal message haha 🤣 🤣 🤯

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    HAHAHA this must have a drawing power for you to buy the oranges, because it comes with BB-8 in the bag!!! hahaha I see everyone falls on the dark side of consumerism, no doubt this contains a subliminal message haha 🤣 🤣 🤯
    GABBY NOOooOoOoo! The droid you are looking for isn't in this bag! Come on, I thought you were better than this!! At least if you are to fall to the dark side of consumerism, go with a funko pop or somethin... :(

• Haha

Gabby Heafy

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Apr 5, 2020
    www.instagram.com
    GABBY NOOooOoOoo! The droid you are looking for isn't in this bag! Come on, I thought you were better than this!! At least if you are to fall to the dark side of consumerism, go with a funko pop or somethin... :(
    hahahahahaha yes my master! i'm not going to fall into the dark side of consumerism! :rolleyes:🤣 there are fans out there who would love those bags just because it says star wars on them or not? haha

• Haha

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    hahahahahaha yes my master! i'm not going to fall into the dark side of consumerism! :rolleyes:🤣 there are fans out there who would love those bags just because it says star wars on them or not? haha
    Good, good my apprentice.... (read that with Sidious's voice)

Oh yeah, these tactics actually work. See, both parties win because Star Wars is a beloved franchise. So the Orange company wins because when people will be browsing to buy orange, they will more likely chose subconsciously the one with Star Wars on it because, well it's just catching their eyes more. And Disney wins by keeping Star Wars in everyone's mind subconsciously by constant exposition. It's the power of hidden symbolism which is basically what logos are. By putting it everywhere, more people get exposed to it and more likely they will start getting more into it and spending money on different item or stuff related to Star Wars. This particularly works for kids.

There's a reason why when there's a new star wars movie coming out, you will have pencil, school bags, foods, napkins.... with the logo on. Whatever they can put their logo on, they will. And it's insanely effective because people buy into it. Kids in majority but adults in high numbers too.

It's a complex subject but that's in very short how a lot of subconscious marketing can be done to generate a lot of profits

Gabby Heafy

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Apr 5, 2020
    www.instagram.com
    Good, good my apprentice.... (read that with Sidious's voice)

Oh yeah, these tactics actually work. See, both parties win because Star Wars is a beloved franchise. So the Orange company wins because when people will be browsing to buy orange, they will more likely chose subconsciously the one with Star Wars on it because, well it's just catching their eyes more. And Disney wins by keeping Star Wars in everyone's mind subconsciously by constant exposition. It's the power of hidden symbolism which is basically what logos are. By putting it everywhere, more people get exposed to it and more likely they will start getting more into it and spending money on different item or stuff related to Star Wars. This particularly works for kids.

There's a reason why when there's a new star wars movie coming out, you will have pencil, school bags, foods, napkins.... with the logo on. Whatever they can put their logo on, they will. And it's insanely effective because people buy into it. Kids in majority but adults in high numbers too.

It's a complex subject but that's in very short how a lot of subconscious marketing can be done to generate a lot of profits
    hahaha impossible not to read it with his voice! 🙌

I agree with you Radu. I know fans who buy even the most ridiculous thing, just to collect it and have it. At some point they can make a lot of money selling it, it's crazy what they pay for very rare objects. Radu buy those bags of oranges, I'm sure you can make a lot of money in the future hahahahaahaah🤣🤣

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    hahaha impossible not to read it with his voice! 🙌

I agree with you Radu. I know fans who buy even the most ridiculous thing, just to collect it and have it. At some point they can make a lot of money selling it, it's crazy what they pay for very rare objects. Radu buy those bags of oranges, I'm sure you can make a lot of money in the future hahahahaahaah🤣🤣
    Well I mean, I'd rather not have dated oranges in my stuff you know?? :ROFLMAO: I don't think it's that good of an investment for the future if I have to be honest with you.... I think there are other items that are worth more. much more...

Gabby Heafy

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Apr 5, 2020
    www.instagram.com
    Well I mean, I'd rather not have dated oranges in my stuff you know?? :ROFLMAO: I don't think it's that good of an investment for the future if I have to be honest with you.... I think there are other items that are worth more. much more...
    I know, I'm just joking 😋 🤣... it's logical that it's silly to sell bags of oranges hahaha but there are also fans who buy that kind of stuff! Do you have a big star wars collection?

• Haha