• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Stick to intro or progress through song

Iris

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Oct 14, 2020
    Everett, Washington
    So, I'm much more confident with the transition from intro to main theme in "Going to California". I know it, I just gotta get the muscle memory. So now I'm wondering should I progress through the rest of the song while still working on getting the transition up to record speed or should I get the transition up to recorded BPM and then move through the song? Rock on.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    I usually take it section by section. So for example I'm gonna start learning Simulation soon. I'll start with the first 4 bars or so and when I have that down and up to speed I move to the next 4 bars. When I have those down I out them together.

This is very much my personal preference tho, having to get a full song up to speed is kind of difficult IMHO so I take it piece by piece

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    I usually take it section by section. So for example I'm gonna start learning Simulation soon. I'll start with the first 4 bars or so and when I have that down and up to speed I move to the next 4 bars. When I have those down I out them together.

This is very much my personal preference tho, having to get a full song up to speed is kind of difficult IMHO so I take it piece by piece
    I do the same, however, once I’m comfy with a section and know it without having to think too much about it or look at tabs, even if it’s not 100% up to speed I’ll move on to the next small section. Rinse and repeat. Lol again like you said ids, personal preference. But learning small bits at a time I 100% believe in. It helps to take it slow and not get overwhelmed with trying to learn a large chunk at once.