• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Stormy Monday Etude - Lesson 19

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
This is awesome! Can you make a blues record already? 😜

I have one question though about the answer back thing. I watched a holistic Songwriting video on how John Mayer writes a song and basically, SRV is one of his idols and he always answers back(and does it incredibly well) but John Mayer actually leaves silences in those parts. Should you always answer back or is it more a preference thing?

Rute Rodrigues

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Portugal
    This is awesome! Can you make a blues record already? 😜

I have one question though about the answer back thing. I watched a holistic Songwriting video on how John Mayer writes a song and basically, SRV is one of his idols and he always answers back(and does it incredibly well) but John Mayer actually leaves silences in those parts. Should you always answer back or is it more a preference thing?
    Saw that video yesterday x) It's very nice, and I was interested in that too. I think that that depends on the song.