• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Strange sound when playing 2 notes

JANIRU

Music Theory Bragger
Jul 12, 2021
Guys, can someone tell me why this happens= when i play two notes together on the guitar with distortion it sounds very strange. Not when doing unison bends. For example, if i bend the 14th fret of g string by a whole step and play the 15th fret of b and e strings, it sounds strange. I can't think of another word

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    Guys, can someone tell me why this happens= when i play two notes together on the guitar with distortion it sounds very strange. Not when doing unison bends. For example, if i bend the 14th fret of g string by a whole step and play the 15th fret of b and e strings, it sounds strange. I can't think of another word
    Can you post up a video so we can see/listen ?

Upvote 0

JANIRU

Music Theory Bragger
    Jul 12, 2021
    Can you post up a video so we can see/listen ?
    Okay. I'll play something else and post cause when recording, the sound that I'm mentioning cannot be heard that clearly.
    This is the last part of the intro of sweet child of mine. Hopefully the strange sound is audible. The video wasn't uploaded 🤔 so I sent a recording

Last edited:
    Reactions: Alicia Willis
    Upvote 0

Muz Malek

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Singapore
    www.instagram.com
    Ahh , the double stop bend technique, I believe, is what you're referring to.

Intonation adjustment needed on either the neck or saddle or both. If it's a floating trem, may need to make those amendments, and in addition, maybe adding a spring, etc., so that the tension says a bit better when you're bending one strings and not affecting the other too much.

Upvote 0

TrentNWM

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 15, 2019
    Sounds like the issue that you’re having has everything to do with intonation. Over time, or when changing strings, the length of the string going from the saddle to the nut can be too long or short, here’s was you do:

1: tune each string to standard tuning and then go to the twelfth fret of each string (1 octave) and see if those have the same not. If the note is too sharp, the string is short and needs to be lengthened. If the note is flat, the string is too long and needs to be shortened. Pretty much every bridge does this some time or another and you use the screws on the bridge to bring saddles for each string forward or back. Let me know if this fixes it, since there are multiple different things that can cause this

happy to help!

Upvote 0

JANIRU

Music Theory Bragger
    Jul 12, 2021
    Sounds like the issue that you’re having has everything to do with intonation. Over time, or when changing strings, the length of the string going from the saddle to the nut can be too long or short, here’s was you do:

1: tune each string to standard tuning and then go to the twelfth fret of each string (1 octave) and see if those have the same not. If the note is too sharp, the string is short and needs to be lengthened. If the note is flat, the string is too long and needs to be shortened. Pretty much every bridge does this some time or another and you use the screws on the bridge to bring saddles for each string forward or back. Let me know if this fixes it, since there are multiple different things that can cause this

happy to help!
    Thank u so much. I'll check as soon as I get home

Upvote 0
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

JANIRU

Music Theory Bragger
    Jul 12, 2021
    Ahh , the double stop bend technique, I believe, is what you're referring to.

Intonation adjustment needed on either the neck or saddle or both. If it's a floating trem, may need to make those amendments, and in addition, maybe adding a spring, etc., so that the tension says a bit better when you're bending one strings and not affecting the other too much.
    Okay I'll check. Thanks a lot

Upvote 0