• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Strings

Marcus Frisell

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hey everyone, sorry if this has been asked a lot.. I've purchased these strings for my electric guitar.

"Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottom 2215 Nickel Guitar Strings 10 - 52"​

Now to my question, which strings do you think I should get for my acoustic guitar? I literally just broke the E string on all 3 of my guitars while playing Buried Alive haha. it's not a good situation, do you have any tips on strings? Anyone know what Syn uses? I'd like to copy if possible. :)

Thank you all in advance!

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
It really depends on the kind of acoustic guitar you have. If you have a western you need steel strings, if it's a spanish guitar you need nylon string and it's a gitane you need savarez argentine. The only acoustic strings I know syn uses are savarez argentine 10s but that's on his gitane. Wouldn't know what he uses on his other acoustics.

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    I sold a Spanish guitar once, it had a broken string. The guy put in a different type of string ( possibly steel ), he said it's like adding another element to the guitar. It did sound different, I don't think it's good for that guitar though. ( for the wood )