• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Subtitled lessons

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com
    Hi, everyone!
    This idea of subtitles for the lessons has been mentioned before a while ago, so, I am here to leave this suggestion again and it would be great if you guys could really support this idea, so it's easier for this to become a reality.
    We all know this is a huge community, with people from all over the world. Many of us can understand English pretty well and find no trouble in watching the videos, but many others have this language barrier and find it a little hard to keep up with the lessons. And this can be very frustrating, especially when you are already trying to learn something new, that requires a lot of attention and dedication, like playing the guitar. Because of that, some students can become discouraged and give up on learning, due to the difficulty to understand what's being said in the videos.
    Some students (myself included) already volunteered to translate the videos to their native languages (like Portuguese, Italian etc). Even English subtitles would actually help some foreign students too. I know it's a lot of work and it'll demand so much time, but I think it will be worth it. After all, there are such great lessons here, but so many people missing out on those because of the language barrier.
    This can bring more people to the SGS and, better yet, this can keep more students active here. And we all know Syn and PG want this community to embrace everyone and grow each day. :pink-heart:

(thank you @Mike Creuzer for the orientation)

Batbia

Music Theory Bragger
  • Jan 11, 2021
    Brazil
    Hi, everyone!
    This idea of subtitles for the lessons has been mentioned before a while ago, so, I am here to leave this suggestion again and it would be great if you guys could really support this idea, so it's easier for this to become a reality.
    We all know this is a huge community, with people from all over the world. Many of us can understand English pretty well and find no trouble in watching the videos, but many others have this language barrier and find it a little hard to keep up with the lessons. And this can be very frustrating, especially when you are already trying to learn something new, that requires a lot of attention and dedication, like playing the guitar. Because of that, some students can become discouraged and give up on learning, due to the difficulty to understand what's being said in the videos.
    Some students (myself included) already volunteered to translate the videos to their native languages (like Portuguese, Italian etc). Even English subtitles would actually help some foreign students too. I know it's a lot of work and it'll demand so much time, but I think it will be worth it. After all, there are such great lessons here, but so many people missing out on those because of the language barrier.
    This can bring more people to the SGS and, better yet, this can keep more students active here. And we all know Syn and PG want this community to embrace everyone and grow each day. :pink-heart:

I'm totally with you sys! 👏 👏 Having at least English subtitles would be a huge help to these students because it's easier for them to search for specific therms or even to translate it on Google. We already have a lot of students who aren't native English speakers, but having subtitles on the lessons will definitely wide the number of people engaged with the school 🧐 I know this is a HUGE work to be done and of course it will demand a lot of time, but it surely is a BIG step and will totally worth it 🤘
    I can say it for myself: listening things in English correctly was the last English skill I was able to develop (between reading, writing and even talking), and being 100% honest, if I had found this school 3 years ago, I would have thought "woah this School looks SO RAD, but it's all in English 😩"
    That being said, I totally support this idea, and I can volunteer for the translations in Portuguese too, it will be a pleasure to help 💚💛💙🤍

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Muz Malek

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Singapore
    www.instagram.com
    Hi, everyone!

I was actually thinking about this a while back! Either manually done or have an auto-translate caption(we know even YouTube have yet to completely be able to translate, but at least it's something).

I can help with Malay/Indonesian translation!

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com
    The demons in my head are down to help translate to latin!

... But if not, I can help with french...
    Well, this time, I will have to apologize to the demons in your head, 'cause they won't be of much help rn. That being said, they will be summoned at another opportunity, when we perform the secret ritual to become guitar gods.
    But we can totally use your help with french, Radu!

Upvote 0

Aquamandy

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Feb 22, 2021
    Brazil
    I absolutely LOVE this idea! The school already broke some barriers by giving us guitar content for free, I think this language issue may be now one of the main reasons people give up/don't sign up on the school, cause sometimes is hard to understand everything in english, especially some technical terms when you're a beginner, so there are at least a few advantages on putting subtitles on the videos:

1- More people sign up!
    2- Less people give up!
    3- More time to focus on guitar skills instead of worrying about translating or learning english
    Bonus: It will be so cool to have a community more and more diverse, culturally speaking 😊

Upvote 0

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    I absolutely LOVE this idea! The school already broke some barriers by giving us guitar content for free, I think this language issue may be now one of the main reasons people give up/don't sign up on the school, cause sometimes is hard to understand everything in english, especially some technical terms when you're a beginner, so there are at least a few advantages on putting subtitles on the videos:

1- More people sign up!
    2- Less people give up!
    3- More time to focus on guitar skills instead of worrying about translating or learning english
    Bonus: It will be so cool to have a community more and more diverse, culturally speaking 😊
    I think youbdont see a lot because fender shoved their lessons right in your face when you buy a new guitar and many have NO IDEA they can get the same for free. Or better.

Not to say fender doesn't know what they are doing. But I see their lessons "on sale" all the time. They are trying to fish for students all the time. I try to spread the word best i can.

Reactions: Aquamandy
    Upvote 0

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com
    Sub titles are great but many languages to cover. Maybe need some volunteers to help translate to make it easier on the work load it'll take.
    Yeah, many students have already volunteered to help with that! It will take some time, obviously, but it can be done. 😊

Upvote 0