• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Subtitled lessons

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com
    Hi, everyone!
    This idea of subtitles for the lessons has been mentioned before a while ago, so, I am here to leave this suggestion again and it would be great if you guys could really support this idea, so it's easier for this to become a reality.
    We all know this is a huge community, with people from all over the world. Many of us can understand English pretty well and find no trouble in watching the videos, but many others have this language barrier and find it a little hard to keep up with the lessons. And this can be very frustrating, especially when you are already trying to learn something new, that requires a lot of attention and dedication, like playing the guitar. Because of that, some students can become discouraged and give up on learning, due to the difficulty to understand what's being said in the videos.
    Some students (myself included) already volunteered to translate the videos to their native languages (like Portuguese, Italian etc). Even English subtitles would actually help some foreign students too. I know it's a lot of work and it'll demand so much time, but I think it will be worth it. After all, there are such great lessons here, but so many people missing out on those because of the language barrier.
    This can bring more people to the SGS and, better yet, this can keep more students active here. And we all know Syn and PG want this community to embrace everyone and grow each day. :pink-heart:

(thank you @Mike Creuzer for the orientation)

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com
    I think youbdont see a lot because fender shoved their lessons right in your face when you buy a new guitar and many have NO IDEA they can get the same for free. Or better.

Not to say fender doesn't know what they are doing. But I see their lessons "on sale" all the time. They are trying to fish for students all the time. I try to spread the word best i can.
    I am always asking people if they already are a part of the SGS, and if they're not, I always invite them to join us!

Upvote 0

Ibiz123

Free Bird Player
    Apr 13, 2021
    I think we'll need two groups: native speakers and people who speak english very well to simply write all this stuff PG says in english and bilingual (or multilingual) people, who would simply translate it to their language(s). English speakers would just share photos or files of the scenarios(?) so the whole process would be a little faster. What do you think about it?

Reactions: redlipsofdeceit
    Upvote 0

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com
    Perhaps we could share our translations in comments of the lessons, so non-native speakers could simply play the lessons on their computers and open the translation on their phones
    I think we'll need two groups: native speakers and people who speak english very well to simply write all this stuff PG says in english and bilingual (or multilingual) people, who would simply translate it to their language(s). English speakers would just share photos or files of the scenarios(?) so the whole process would be a little faster. What do you think about it?
    Ideally, we would have the option to enable the subtitles on the video, like YouTube has. But it depends on the platform where the website is hosted. That's the main issue, I think.
    About people to do the transcriptions and translations, this won't be a problem! We have plenty of them!

Reactions: Aquamandy
    Upvote 0

Ibiz123

Free Bird Player
    Apr 13, 2021
    Ideally, we would have the option to enable the subtitles on the video, like YouTube has. But it depends on the platform where the website is hosted. That's the main issue, I think.
    About people to do the transcriptions and translations, this won't be a problem! We have plenty of them!
    yeah, I know it would be the most comfortable option, but since it can be impossible, we may just put the translations in the comments. Additionally, if it's possible to put subtitles in the videos, we may as well start right now, so later we'll have the subtitles ready to launch

Upvote 0
    Synner Endless Summer Collection
    J

Jak Angelescu

Hi, everyone!
    This idea of subtitles for the lessons has been mentioned before a while ago, so, I am here to leave this suggestion again and it would be great if you guys could really support this idea, so it's easier for this to become a reality.
    We all know this is a huge community, with people from all over the world. Many of us can understand English pretty well and find no trouble in watching the videos, but many others have this language barrier and find it a little hard to keep up with the lessons. And this can be very frustrating, especially when you are already trying to learn something new, that requires a lot of attention and dedication, like playing the guitar. Because of that, some students can become discouraged and give up on learning, due to the difficulty to understand what's being said in the videos.
    Some students (myself included) already volunteered to translate the videos to their native languages (like Portuguese, Italian etc). Even English subtitles would actually help some foreign students too. I know it's a lot of work and it'll demand so much time, but I think it will be worth it. After all, there are such great lessons here, but so many people missing out on those because of the language barrier.
    This can bring more people to the SGS and, better yet, this can keep more students active here. And we all know Syn and PG want this community to embrace everyone and grow each day. :pink-heart:

(thank you @Mike Creuzer for the orientation)
    This is AMAZING Anna!

Upvote 0