• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Suggestions for a songs to play with someone else

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    Hey y’all !
    I’m looking for some suggestions.

I would love to be able to play something along with my husband.
    Im definitely still kind of a beginner
    The husband is I guess you’d say an intermediate player (although he’s a master imo 😊)

so, he’ll definitely play lead and I’ll be doing rhythm.
    Can y’all think of any songs with some pretty easy rhythm sections for me and some more challenging lead sections for him that we could do together ?

we are already kind of sorta trying to play hail to the king together.....it’s a work in progress 😂

J

Jak Angelescu

Since you're a beginner of sorts you both should pick songs you both can rock out to without stressing you out. Early Judas Priest, Guns N Roses (Sweet Child O' Mine, Patience) and SOME Metallica (like Fuel). Also Pat Benatar, Heart, Kiss, Billy Idol and ACDC songs come to mind. I always loved doing Zeppelin's "Been a Long Time Since I Rock n Rolled" is great for beginners but has a cool solo section. I believe you can do that one. Deep Purple "Smoke On the Water" is another one🥰

Reactions: Alicia Willis
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Since you're a beginner of sorts you both should pick songs you both can rock out to without stressing you out. Early Judas Priest, Guns N Roses (Sweet Child O' Mine, Patience) and SOME Metallica (like Fuel). Also Pat Benatar, Heart, Kiss, Billy Idol and ACDC songs come to mind. I always loved doing Zeppelin's "Been a Long Time Since I Rock n Rolled" is great for beginners but has a cool solo section. I believe you can do that one. Deep Purple "Smoke On the Water" is another one🥰
    Thanks so much ! That’s a kick ass list !!

Tonnie Van Dorland

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    Netherlands
    Hey y’all !
    I’m looking for some suggestions.

I would love to be able to play something along with my husband.
    Im definitely still kind of a beginner
    The husband is I guess you’d say an intermediate player (although he’s a master imo 😊)

so, he’ll definitely play lead and I’ll be doing rhythm.
    Can y’all think of any songs with some pretty easy rhythm sections for me and some more challenging lead sections for him that we could do together ?

we are already kind of sorta trying to play hail to the king together.....it’s a work in progress 😂
    maybe holy diver by dio

• Love
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

TreSavedge

Free Bird Player
  • Nov 25, 2019
    St Louis, MO
    I'd just concur with the AC/DC answers. I was working on Thunderstruck today. He can do that pulloff riff for 5 minutes over and over while you do the chords and rhythms. It's a good tune for working on feel. Really try to lock in and get the timing perfect. Your instincts for music will grow playing together.

• Love

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Motley Crue songs are easy too, try Live Wire or Shout At The Devil, also Dear God, Seize The Day and Gunslinger from Avenged are easy too, Californication from RHCP , Enter Sandman from Metallica and Symphony of Destruction from Megadeth
    Thanks dude ! I’ve already had a dapple at some of the rhythm parts for enter sandman....I’m gonna make the hubby learn the lead 😂

Reactions: Ezequiel Romanko

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    I'd just concur with the AC/DC answers. I was working on Thunderstruck today. He can do that pulloff riff for 5 minutes over and over while you do the chords and rhythms. It's a good tune for working on feel. Really try to lock in and get the timing perfect. Your instincts for music will grow playing together.
    That’s a great idea ! The hubs already knows how to play that on lead lol. Idk why I didn’t think to that one. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Awe! I love that idea :love: I used to play with my brother for fun too!
    These are the ones we used to play:
    Sweet Child O' Mine, Guns N' Roses
    With or Without You, U2
    Stairway to Heaven, Led Zeppelin
    The Night We Met, Lord Huron
    For Whom the Bell Tolls, Metallica

Don't hesitate to make the songs your own by improvising your own solos and experimenting with different arrangements and effects! That's the fun of jamming!