• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Suggestions on a second guitar.. lefty

Jesse Salmons

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Nov 11, 2019
Indiana
Honestly any guitar can handle low tunings if proper string gauge, and setup are maintained! But i digress.

Schecter makes great budget guitars that can drop low but so does epiphone. My epi snow falcon is in C standard all the time and sounds great!
The omen series from schecter is affordable and great quality
Les pauls, Explorers, and V’s are also great candidates and can handle the low chugging as long as you have a proper setup.

Video for example of sound:

What strings to use for what tunings:

Reactions: Alicia Willis
Synner Endless Summer Collection

Jesse Salmons

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Nov 11, 2019
Indiana
I just bought my syn gates custom s. So I'll keep that in E and D, looking for a 6 or 7 for C#. I don't want to f with the tuning on my primary or change the strings. Shit takes too much time or it seems to.
I understand changing tunings on a floyd rose sucks lol but the more experience you get with it the quicker you’ll become at doing string changes and other maintenance

zmlj19

Campfire Attention Holder
Jan 3, 2021
I don't want to do string changes to play different songs that interest me. My profile is I want to practice for a little while, then play something that I've heard while working that I want to try, for instance I wanted to play animals by Architects in C#, tomorrow I might want to try the beginning notes of an A7X song, etc. It keeps me focused and motivated. I can't sit and do strum and chords for more than an hour, my mind loses focus. So I'll probably pay a little extra to get a few guitars set in place. 🤷

Ryan Vega

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Florida
nearlyspent.bandzoogle.com
I don't want to do string changes to play different songs that interest me. My profile is I want to practice for a little while, then play something that I've heard while working that I want to try, for instance I wanted to play animals by Architects in C#, tomorrow I might want to try the beginning notes of an A7X song, etc. It keeps me focused and motivated. I can't sit and do strum and chords for more than an hour, my mind loses focus. So I'll probably pay a little extra to get a few guitars set in place. 🤷
when you get that new guitar it'll also be in standard tho, just take it to your local guitar shop and ask them to set it up to the tuning you want, they'll treat you right ;)

Synner Endless Summer Collection