• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Sustainiac issue!

Mursalin Hredoy

Garage band Groupie
Nov 26, 2019
I bought a guitar equiped with sustainiac yesterday. I was setting up the whole guitar like string action, alignment, Floyd bridge etc.
Sustainiac was working normally until I changed the pick up height. At first it wasn't responding to high E string then after a lot of adjustment it started to work. But still some notes are not ringing.

Would you guys say the proper height for pickup.?
Or is it just battery issue?
Or is it because of string action?

Detailed information would be helpful 😀

Attachments

• IMG_20200107_220020.jpg
    IMG_20200107_220020.jpg
    800.8 KB · Views: 271

Lucas Weiman

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
I bought a guitar equiped with sustainiac yesterday. I was setting up the whole guitar like string action, alignment, Floyd bridge etc.
Sustainiac was working normally until I changed the pick up height. At first it wasn't responding to high E string then after a lot of adjustment it started to work. But still some notes are not ringing.

Would you guys say the proper height for pickup.?
Or is it just battery issue?
Or is it because of string action?

Detailed information would be helpful 😀
When you say "some notes aren't ringing", do you mean that the sustainiac doesn't affect all frets, or all strings, or a combination? Have you tried engaging all 3 different modes as well?

If you are sure the battery is good, I would adjust the pickup as close to the strings as you can while you are fretting notes, just to the point where they don't quite touch the pickup. From there, check each string individually to see if the sustain is occurring. If all strings are working, you know it is the height that was the issue, and not something else. (The closer the pickup is to the strings, the faster it will affect them, and the vibration will be more intense as well.) Also bear in mind you can adjust one side of the pickup, and don't have to do them evenly.

If you are still having issues after trying that, let me know. I've been using sustainiacs for years and wired my own.

Reactions: Mursalin Hredoy

Mursalin Hredoy

Garage band Groupie
Nov 26, 2019
When you say "some notes aren't ringing", do you mean that the sustainiac doesn't affect all frets, or all strings, or a combination? Have you tried engaging all 3 different modes as well?

If you are sure the battery is good, I would adjust the pickup as close to the strings as you can while you are fretting notes, just to the point where they don't quite touch the pickup. From there, check each string individually to see if the sustain is occurring. If all strings are working, you know it is the height that was the issue, and not something else. (The closer the pickup is to the strings, the faster it will affect them, and the vibration will be more intense as well.) Also bear in mind you can adjust one side of the pickup, and don't have to do them evenly.

If you are still having issues after trying that, let me know. I've been using sustainiacs for years and wired my own.
Thanks a lot man. Now it's fixed. I was freaked out. Never actually had any sustainiac equiped guitar and there's no good luthier not even any expert.
You really helped a lot man.
This community is really helpful 😍...

Reactions: Lucas Weiman