• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Sustaniac Issues - Synyster Gates Custom-S Gold Burst

Mark Laszutko

Local Dive Bar Favorite
Nov 11, 2019
Canada
Hey guys, I just got my guitar in about two weeks ago and have been playing around with the sustainiac a ton.

Anyways, the other day using only the neck pickup (the sustainiac) with it being turned off was dead. The pickup was not working, but when the sustaniac was turned on it worked perfectly fine. I figured it was a battery issue grabbed a 9V Duracell and changed it out. The good news is the sustainiac pickup now worked with it being turned off and was getting normal sounds.

The big issue however was now the sustain was not nearly working as well as it used to. Before I could sustain notes infinitely and this one while it can sometimes do it infinitely it's random at best. The note has to be struck extremely hard and even then the note will decrease in volume quite a bit before it reaches the sustain point, this was not happening before as I could slide around anywhere and hold it infinitely. The other issue is the harmonic mode. Unless I turn the harmonic mode on right away, the note doesn't have enough volume to trigger it and it just dies. I've tried two different Duracell 9 Volt batteries and I get the same issue (mind you I have had them for a few years but haven't used em).

Any help or advice on this issue is greatly appreciated.

tamagotchigraveyard

Campfire Attention Holder
Oct 26, 2020
Charlotte, NC
Many electronics will not perform properly with cheaper brands of batteries. Energizer and duracell batteries for any guitar application, always. Cheaper dollar store type 9v batteries do not carry enough voltage to properly push the current through certain circuits. Try an energizer 9v and let me know what happens

Muz Malek

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Singapore
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, I just got my guitar in about two weeks ago and have been playing around with the sustainiac a ton.

Anyways, the other day using only the neck pickup (the sustainiac) with it being turned off was dead. The pickup was not working, but when the sustaniac was turned on it worked perfectly fine. I figured it was a battery issue grabbed a 9V Duracell and changed it out. The good news is the sustainiac pickup now worked with it being turned off and was getting normal sounds.

The big issue however was now the sustain was not nearly working as well as it used to. Before I could sustain notes infinitely and this one while it can sometimes do it infinitely it's random at best. The note has to be struck extremely hard and even then the note will decrease in volume quite a bit before it reaches the sustain point, this was not happening before as I could slide around anywhere and hold it infinitely. The other issue is the harmonic mode. Unless I turn the harmonic mode on right away, the note doesn't have enough volume to trigger it and it just dies. I've tried two different Duracell 9 Volt batteries and I get the same issue (mind you I have had them for a few years but haven't used em).

Any help or advice on this issue is greatly appreciated.

You may need to check the contacts on the 3-way toggle switch as well for the weak signal. And yes, energizer batteries recommended.

Synner Endless Summer Collection
Synner Endless Summer Collection