• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Sweep Picking 2 – Lesson 80

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
I really like the sweeping technique. Dan Mumm offers a lot of tutorial and exercices. I bought the Sweep picking mastery bundle and it has some very challenging stuff. https://sellfy.com/danmumm

Here is an exemple on songter:
https://www.songsterr.com/a/wsa/dan-mumm-neo-classical-sweep-song-tab-s457220t0

Very fun to play. Here is the song at full speed with backing track:
Are you advertising here?

Like is that really what the post is about at a free online theory school? Lol

Reactions: AnthonyArena
Synner Endless Summer Collection

AnthonyArena

Garage band Groupie
Jun 30, 2020
San Jose, CA
www.instagram.com

Man I shit you not I have been working on this for the last two hours and it’s 3am. These are the lessons I have needed to take my playing to the next level for sure. Nothing perfect by any means but by barred sweeps are getting better. I swear when I was first learning how to sweep I did everything I could to avoid barring because I hated it. These exercises definitely improve my willingness to bar and give a clear cut explanation of how Syn (and obviously Brian Sr.) have mastered these techniques.

Jesse Salmons

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Nov 11, 2019
Indiana
Anyone have any suggestions for getting my fingers stretched out? I see a lot of guitar players who can move through their fretboard with ease as if they're barley even trying. Me on the other hand I have to damn near do the splits with my fingers just to reach certain notes 😭
Theres some exercises you can do, to limber your fingers up, but when it comes down to it, theres 1 word. Practice. Play it slow, build up speed, walk before you run, all that stuff. Incorporate your pinky, find exercises for finger independence, practice scales (The major Scale) and just do it. There’s no trick, no shortcut, just like getting good at anything you gotta do it man!

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019

This is where I'm at, I think getting a bit more comfortable and I'll try Syn's tips

Alexander

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 11, 2019
    AZ
    several weeks in, wasn't looking promising that my pinky could get the pull off stretch to sound clean. Started doing pinky stretches for few days instead. Not sure if that is what did the trick, but coincidently I got it down immediately the following day.

Reactions: William B.