• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Sweep Picking 3 – Lesson 81

AnthonyArena

Garage band Groupie
Jun 30, 2020
San Jose, CA
www.instagram.com
This one had me going for a little over an hour and my fingers are definitely TORN up from the last few days, but well worth it. I’m starting to see the chords and sweeping arpeggios as one, I’ve always broken up these arpeggios into different sections in my head, instead of making them one fluid motion (one fluid thought). starting to get the hang of each shape as well as each motion but practice will make perfect to get those notes to ring out through higher tempo’s.

Alexander

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 11, 2019
    AZ
    Kinda surprised I was able to keep up. The C shape pinky roll coming up is giving me issues though. if too low, my pink snags on the low E string, to high and the note on the A string sounds choppy. I can only make it sound clean by slightly lifting the pinky... might pass for now, though how will I fare on the faster segments?

And actually I can use my ring finger instead on the low E string... Can't imagine that would be a good idea lol, but I can play it faster. Some guidance would be appreciated! 🥲