• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

sweep picking muting

Solution
Thank you everyone. I have also looked at other videos at I think I have found my problem. I was taking my finger off the fretboard instead of unfretting the note and resting on the string which was making a bad pull off sound.

Will mark this as solution case anyone else has my problem

JakAngelescu

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Aug 12, 2022
I have just started to learn sweep picking and my downstrokes are ok muting wise, but the upstrokes are a sloppy mess but i dont know how to mute the strings properly

can anyone help?
Is it usually when you go to do a "roll" with your finger? Like when you have to sweep 3 strings on same fret by flattening one finger?

Upvote 0

Adin Shepherd

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
Someone shared a video some time back, I thought it was this one but it's not. Here there's a camera angle. The other video was more sweep oriented, there's different ways and some could be preference.
Just seeing this video now

I think that may have been me, and it was this video 👍

Upvote 0
Synner Endless Summer Collection

Riddick

New Student
Nov 11, 2022
Thank you everyone. I have also looked at other videos at I think I have found my problem. I was taking my finger off the fretboard instead of unfretting the note and resting on the string which was making a bad pull off sound.

Upvote 0
Solution

Mike-666.exe

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019

you could also mute with the right palm instead. neither is wrong and honestly a bit of both is often required. heres an example.

Upvote 0