• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Sweep picking

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    A combination of the Lessons in the advanced section, Syn's Etudes and learning a solo with sweeping so you have an actual Goal besides practice licks.

The most important Things with sweeping are Hand synchronisation and paying Attention to the picking Hand that you're actually sweeping and not trying to pick very fast. Good luck with your Challenge! :)

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Jared Wolford

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Thanks for the advice I'm starting today I think I'll try doing the combination of lessons and solos so I don't get so aggravated at myself so much my main problem is I have to deal with PTSD and get angry alot but I watch these guys/girls and they make it look so easy but I also know there is a starting point just breaking through that I think is going to be an ass kicker lol

Ezequiel Romanko

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    Argentina
    Well try to get a good technique on the right hand, since it's doing most of the work, and it's very important for synchin both of your hands. i would practice the motion first without playing any note and then start to adding some notes.

Also like everyone said use a metronome and start slowly, for this technique is super important to not develope any bad habits, so play slow to get the right motion for both your hands and slowly start increasing the speed. Im not gonna lie to you, this is one of the most time consuming techniques so you will have a good time on it. But you will get no doubt of it :)

Upvote 0
    Synner Endless Summer Collection