• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Switching quickly between scales and arpeggios

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
I'm working on improvising over Djangology at the moment and there are some quick changes in there so I realized it's also the perfect tune to practice switching between different scales and arpeggios between chords.

For example Djangology is at 168 BPM(or the backingtrack I'm using is anyway) and the A section chords are A/C#|Cm|G/B|Am7|D7|G6/9|G6/9|

So you have one bar of each chord and 2 bars of G at the end. What this means is that you probably prefer to land on a note that works over G at the end of the progression and play your licks over the other chords. Since the changes go pretty quickly you can for example do an ascending A arpeggio into a descending Cadd9 arepeggio over the A/C#|Cm bit. Or switch really quickly between A major and C harmonic minor and it sounds killer!

• Love
Reactions: Jacques