• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Syn! Any Tips on Whammy Sounds?

TrentNWM

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 15, 2019
    I've had my Schecter DS Omen Ex 6 for about a year now, (and since this is the one with the tune-o-matic bride) I'm not able to get those awesome whammy divebombs like Syn. Just wanted to ask if there was any way to mimic or at least replicate that sound in Studio One or something like that. Does anybody have any ideas?

Also wanted to ask in advance if Syn Gates could explain how to best engage the audience with different solo styles, like if basic sweeping or improvisation works best to capture their attention?

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I've had my Schecter DS Omen Ex 6 for about a year now, (and since this is the one with the tune-o-matic bride) I'm not able to get those awesome whammy divebombs like Syn. Just wanted to ask if there was any way to mimic or at least replicate that sound in Studio One or something like that. Does anybody have any ideas?

Also wanted to ask in advance if Syn Gates could explain how to best engage the audience with different solo styles, like if basic sweeping or improvisation works best to capture their attention?
    Not sure about in Studio One. I just moved to that myself from Reaper, and I haven't played with it yet. A whammy pedal would get you close, but nothing dive bombs like a Floyd Rose tremolo.

Upvote 0

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Not sure about in Studio One. I just moved to that myself from Reaper, and I haven't played with it yet. A whammy pedal would get you close, but nothing dive bombs like a Floyd Rose tremolo.
    If you start getting good at the studio one I may come to you for some tips. I tried it once and couldn't get it to work myself.

Reactions: Ed Seith
    Upvote 0