• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

SYN-C - GOLDEN GODDESS - fake? damaged?

Seth Sanders

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hey guys.

So the Golden goddess was sold out on the store and I had been looking at it for a while. So I was pretty bummed about it. So I went for the dark knight and it was sold out too.
So.
One conveniently popped up on eBay for $2000 CAD. I thought this was strange considering it was listed as brand new.
But I paid with PayPal so all was fine.
Surprisingly, I got the guitar UPS express next day.
Came stapled shut in the schecter box (I have three other syn customs from schecter and a syn special. All came very similar)
Neck was wrapped and to my surprise it was a beautiful guitar.

Overcome with beauty she went right on the wall next to the others. I noticed the fret buzz was a bit strange so I took It in to get looked at. The guys thought it was beautiful at first sight. But called me later and told me they could only set the action super high, which I found annoying.
Whatever. When I got it back I gave her a good play and one on one time.
Plays very well, but not as well as my custom s.

I began to study it and I began noticing quite a few different flaws within the guitar that aren't apparent on my other guitars from schecter that are raising suspicion. The paint is very sloppy in places, uneven and it almost looks like the neck was repainted or cracked or something. The tremolo system seems very off and the binding is somewhat separating from the body at the bottom of the guitar.

I was wondering if you guys could take a look at this and see what you think.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Snapchat-413657332.jpg
    Snapchat-413657332.jpg
    390.8 KB · Views: 173
  • Snapchat-2101647319.jpg
    Snapchat-2101647319.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 182
  • Snapchat-1780611035.jpg
    Snapchat-1780611035.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 179
  • Snapchat-1533049581.jpg
    Snapchat-1533049581.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 173
  • Snapchat-2133976745.jpg
    Snapchat-2133976745.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 177
  • Snapchat-1697648575.jpg
    Snapchat-1697648575.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 182
  • Snapchat-1875169589.jpg
    Snapchat-1875169589.jpg
    334.8 KB · Views: 175
  • Snapchat-1348814327.jpg
    Snapchat-1348814327.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 162
  • Snapchat-804689573.jpg
    Snapchat-804689573.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 181

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    I mean, to me nothing seems to be fake. Maybe there are some factory defaults but I can't know for sure without the guitar on hands. So, I don't think it's a fake, everything seems to be on point with it and if it were, it's a really well done one. That put aside, could it be damaged? Yes but you would have to send it to a repair shop to check it out, ideally different from the one you went at because, in my experience, different repairman will do a different job for your guitar some better than other but what I'm trying to say is that a second opinion could confirm what the first repairman said/did or find the issue and offer a solution.

Unfortunately, because you bought it second hand, I don't think you can have any warranty on it unless you maybe can have the original invoice :/

Reactions: Alicia Willis
    Upvote 0

Seth Sanders

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    I mean, to me nothing seems to be fake. Maybe there are some factory defaults but I can't know for sure without the guitar on hands. So, I don't think it's a fake, everything seems to be on point with it and if it were, it's a really well done one. That put aside, could it be damaged? Yes but you would have to send it to a repair shop to check it out, ideally different from the one you went at because, in my experience, different repairman will do a different job for your guitar some better than other but what I'm trying to say is that a second opinion could confirm what the first repairman said/did or find the issue and offer a solution.

Unfortunately, because you bought it second hand, I don't think you can have any warranty on it unless you maybe can have the original invoice :/
    Yeah I understand the warranty bit for sure. My fault for waiting so long to order it.
    I will likely take it to another repair shop when I go to a different city or by mail. The closest schecter dealer is about 450miles away.

I've seen fakes and china shop schecters that never get the stripes right and it looks bang on when next to other syn customs.

Just worried about the neck really. It gives a major crack when playing any Steve Vai or Brandon Ellis trem style material.

Attachments

• Snapchat-1689854841.jpg
      Snapchat-1689854841.jpg
      467.7 KB · Views: 141
    Reactions: Alicia Willis
    Upvote 0

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    Yeah I understand the warranty bit for sure. My fault for waiting so long to order it.
    I will likely take it to another repair shop when I go to a different city or by mail. The closest schecter dealer is about 450miles away.

I've seen fakes and china shop schecters that never get the stripes right and it looks bang on when next to other syn customs.

Just worried about the neck really. It gives a major crack when playing any Steve Vai or Brandon Ellis trem style material.
    Honestly, a repairman is going to be the best to identify the problem with the cracking neck. It's definitely good that you notice it so hopefully, whatever it is, it can be fixed! Keep us up to date!

If anything, it really is a beautiful guitar!

Upvote 0
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Eric Kane

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    I have one of the Golden Goddess guitars that I got from the shop here. Yours looks identical to mine, so I would guess that it's legitimate. Maybe not the cleanest one off the line as far as the binding, but nothing really stands out as looking fake in the pictures. Like the others said, have it checked out by a reputable luthier and if it's been damaged, try to get your money back.

Upvote 0