• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Syn Custom Pickups Vs. Seymour Duncan Invaders

Awex Came

Campfire Attention Holder
May 23, 2021
Just wondering if anyone has any personal experience comparing the SD Invader pickups that used to come in Syn models vs. his newer custom set pickups. The only thing I can really find is that Syn's new pickups have a little more output than the Invaders. There's an EQ graph for the Invaders on SD's website, but no EQ graph or anything for Syn's pickups on Schecter's site.

Awex Came

May 23, 2021
I know we have some members with old and new versions of Syn's guitar, so they can weigh in. I have a set of Syn's in an Ibanez. Very high-output and very clear and articulate, but they do seem to pump out a lot of low and low-mid frequencies compared to the other pickups in my stable.
Interesting that the lows and low mids are prevalent. My syn model has Invaders, which I think are great but I'm debating on upgrading eventually

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    @Hector Trejo has both and has made a video on it!

I personally can back up what the others said. The invader is a bit darker, while the schecter is tighter and brighter and it has a very distinct sound too. But that's something you probably only notice when playing a while with it. I have an invader in the neck and a syn custom in the bridge

Awex Came

May 23, 2021
    @Hector Trejo has both and has made a video on it!

I personally can back up what the others said. The invader is a bit darker, while the schecter is tighter and brighter and it has a very distinct sound too. But that's something you probably only notice when playing a while with it. I have an invader in the neck and a syn custom in the bridge
    Idk how I didn't find this video when I searched lol. But I like brighter, so maybe I'll get some Syn Custom pickups

Synner Endless Summer Collection