• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Syn custom S string gauge?

Hi, fellow shredders. I have a question for any of you that own a Syn custom S guitar (I assume this is the place to ask).

Do they all come from factory with the same string gauge? If so, which one is it? I'm planning on changing them for the first time since I bought mine and I'm afraid to adjust the floyd rose springs in case the tension changes drastically.

It came tuned in E standard, as usual, and I plan on not touching the tuning.

Thanks in advance!

carlosmqr

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 17, 2019
    Portugal/Manchester UK
    www.instagram.com
    Mine came with Ernie Ball 10-46. Last time I changed strings I changed to 10-52 Skinny Top Heavy Bottom and its in Drop D. Dont be affraid of the Floyd Rose, the more you mess with it the more confident you'll be next time you need to adjust your guitar. Is just screws and springs, theres a lot of info out there.

Reactions: Víctor González
    Mine came with Ernie Ball 10-46. Last time I changed strings I changed to 10-52 Skinny Top Heavy Bottom and its in Drop D. Dont be affraid of the Floyd Rose, the more you mess with it the more confident you'll be next time you need to adjust your guitar. Is just screws and springs, theres a lot of info out there.

Yeah, I've watched a tutorial by Ben Eller that makes it seem pretty simple, but still I would rather mess with my old Ibanez GRG270 haha. Thank you all for your help!

Reactions: carlosmqr
    Synner Endless Summer Collection