• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Syn gates store pick ups

Solution
My response from this thread----> https://synner.com/threads/traditional-vs-tremolo-pickup.6395/

"Yeah, the difference is more of a cosmetic one than anything. I think it was most likely more of a marketing thing that a functional design change. I've never really done an objective comparison between a traditional spaced pickup and its F-spaced counterpart, but I have had many pickups with spacings that were mismatched to the guitar, and I've never noticed any tone or volume "dropouts" between the strings and no issues when bending like people used to say a lot when it came to this topic. I think that whole concept, if not an entirely made up marketing scheme that shaped the entire aftermarket pickup industry, was more theoretical...

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    What’s the difference between traditional pick ups vs the tremolo ones he has in the store? if anyone knows I’d appreciate the response.
    It's simply the spacing for the body. The tremolo one is made to fit with guitars with a tremolo system while the traditional is for the more ''traditional'' bridges such as hard tail,etc...

"Available in either 49mm (traditional) and 53mm (Tremolo) spacing, packaged in a matching etched commemorative tin."

So there is no difference in terms of sound. It's just size :)

Upvote 0

Christopher Lonski

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    My response from this thread----> https://synner.com/threads/traditional-vs-tremolo-pickup.6395/

"Yeah, the difference is more of a cosmetic one than anything. I think it was most likely more of a marketing thing that a functional design change. I've never really done an objective comparison between a traditional spaced pickup and its F-spaced counterpart, but I have had many pickups with spacings that were mismatched to the guitar, and I've never noticed any tone or volume "dropouts" between the strings and no issues when bending like people used to say a lot when it came to this topic. I think that whole concept, if not an entirely made up marketing scheme that shaped the entire aftermarket pickup industry, was more theoretical than a pragmatic one considering that the magnetic field on a humbucker is generally cylindrical shape that surrounds the entire pickup in all directions and not 6 small, precise magnetic fields that are perfectly aligned to the strings. If there is a difference, you are most likely only going to hear it when playing with a clean, uncompressed sound. The second you start playing high gain and that compression sets in, I am about 99% sure that the average player will not be able to hear a discernible difference."

Upvote 0
    Solution