• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Synner Songs of the week!

Jamie London

GYNNER
Staff member
  • Nov 11, 2019
    California
    synner.com
    Hey all! Over on the Synner Instagram page (@ Synnerofficial) we’ve started posting a new song of the week each week in the stories. These are unrelated to the AOTMs or anything like that, it’s just a fun thing we’ve begun doing to hopefully inspire some discussions here and hopefully give you some new tunes to check out!

We’re keeping track of them on the “SYNNERs Song of the Week playlist” which will be updated weekly here:
    This weeks song is “The Heart Collector” by Nevermore! Have you heard the song before? Do any parts of it stand out to you musically? Feel free to discuss and break it down along with the last few previous SOTWs below! 🤘

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    Absolutely adore this song !
    Warrel Dane + Jeff Loomis = perfection ! Definitely one of the most underrated metal bands in my opinion. The entire album “dead heart in a dead world” is phenomenal, but imo this song is THE best on the album. It’s melodic throughout, but heavy when needed, the lyrics are gripping, and Warrel’s voice is dynamic, unique, and full of pain. (Fun fact…he trained as an opera singer for several years)

Jamie London

GYNNER
    Staff member
  • Nov 11, 2019
    California
    synner.com
    Absolutely adore this song !
    Warrel Dane + Jeff Loomis = perfection ! Definitely one of the most underrated metal bands in my opinion. The entire album “dead heart in a dead world” is phenomenal, but imo this song is THE best on the album. It’s melodic throughout, but heavy when needed, the lyrics are gripping, and Warrel’s voice is dynamic, unique, and full of pain. (Fun fact…he trained as an opera singer for several years)
    It’s so good haha I didn’t start listening to this album until around 06-07 but damn it takes me back, and such a killer song. I agree, best on the album. 2000-2010 was such an awesome time for rock and metal imo. Some of my favorite pieces of music came out back then and it’s an era filled with special memories for me. But yeah, the song crushes 🤘

Also a huge fan of “Salamanders in the Sun” from last week! Such a fun track brimming with musical excellence. Would really love to hear what more people think of those two!

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Matt Wildcat

The Fierce Deity
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    UK
    This weeks SOTW is bringing some serious rockabilly vibes to the playlist with “Mean Pickin Mama” by The Stray Cats! 🙀
    We do love the Stray Cats! Funny story, I can never hear this song without being slightly started and scrambling to find the source... it's been my dad's ringtone for quite a while now (HUGE Rockabilly guy) 😂😂

I do seriously recommend checking out some Stray Cats / Brian Setzer (solo and orchestra) stuff if you haven't! I grew up on that stuff and while as a kid I probably had little care for it, I have a great appreciation for it all now! It's probably also why I love Volbeat so much, similar vibes tbh🤘💀🤘

• Love
    Reactions: Jamie London

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    We do love the Stray Cats! Funny story, I can never hear this song without being slightly started and scrambling to find the source... it's been my dad's ringtone for quite a while now (HUGE Rockabilly guy) 😂😂

I do seriously recommend checking out some Stray Cats / Brian Setzer (solo and orchestra) stuff if you haven't! I grew up on that stuff and while as a kid I probably had little care for it, I have a great appreciation for it all now! It's probably also why I love Volbeat so much, similar vibes tbh🤘💀🤘

Brian Setzer Orchestra - Guitar Slinger

WHAT AN ALBUM!

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Matt Wildcat

The Fierce Deity
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    UK
    Brian Setzer is fucking PEERLESS. He's probably 90% of the reason Gretsch is still making guitars.
    Oh absolutely. He's a phenomenal guitarist for sure, wish I'd taken my dad up on properly learning his stuff when he could still play it! Also, his 6120 Hotrod is a total beauty. Sounds and plays like a dream.

And yes, Guitar Slinger is AWESOME!