• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Syn's Fingering for Nightmare Intro

Fourwheelernut

Free Bird Player
Jul 1, 2022
Hey I am a new guitarist with a very tiny hand. I can play the intro great when sitting but when standing my hand is so small i can reach the note with my pinky even with my thumb all the way around the fret board. I am using Songsters tabs which might not be perfect but not too bad and it says to do the intro starting at the 12th fret of the D(not the low D string the High one aka string 4) string. Is my trouble simply that my hand is a bit small for this and I need to fgure it out on my own? Or is it a tablature mistake. I notice Syn and Zacky do a lot of sliding during live preformaces.

Javier Wienarjati

Campfire Attention Holder
Dec 7, 2021
Indonesia
www.instagram.com
I did my fingering like this but for the pre solo (string 123). Not my best fingering, because I use lots of index finger for long slide, that should not have done with index. Well I did that because it's easier for me.😅I haven't try this part standing, because I haven't found the right strap size for myself.

Upvote 0

JakAngelescu

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Aug 12, 2022
Hey I am a new guitarist with a very tiny hand. I can play the intro great when sitting but when standing my hand is so small i can reach the note with my pinky even with my thumb all the way around the fret board. I am using Songsters tabs which might not be perfect but not too bad and it says to do the intro starting at the 12th fret of the D(not the low D string the High one aka string 4) string. Is my trouble simply that my hand is a bit small for this and I need to fgure it out on my own? Or is it a tablature mistake. I notice Syn and Zacky do a lot of sliding during live preformaces.
Fellow small-handed person here. Standing is definitely hard. But know this: Nearly all guitarists will MOVE their body (lean forward, lean back, position the guitar more vertically) in order to reach those difficult areas. If certain 8 year-old kids can shred standing up, so can we! :)
Your guitar neck may also be too wide, fret width too wide, or the guitar may even be too low for you on your strap.

On another note, Songsterr can have nightmarish tablature with unrealistic fingering positions. Because sometimes I've heard it's not a human that tabs them out.

Upvote 0