• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Syn's Fractal Audio Systems Preset - A Demo

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I meticulously rebuilt the tone as closely as possible to the provided settings in my AxeFX 2XL+, and... it sounded like total ass.

There are a lot of tonal changes often from firmware to firmware on presets, and with the Aries 2.0 (the last firmware available for the 2 series) being probably 15 revisions back... Well, nope. Total ass.

Unfortunately, I failed to save it correctly before I shut down my unit, or I might have tried to tweak it to ACTUALLY sound good (everything but the amp itself was probably fine). I may introduce some of the delay and reverb settings to my tones to see how they go, because I use the 5153 Red as my foundation, as well.

Reactions: Apocalyptic Katana

Apocalyptic Katana

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    www.instagram.com
    I meticulously rebuilt the tone as closely as possible to the provided settings in my AxeFX 2XL+, and... it sounded like total ass.

There are a lot of tonal changes often from firmware to firmware on presets, and with the Aries 2.0 (the last firmware available for the 2 series) being probably 15 revisions back... Well, nope. Total ass.

Unfortunately, I failed to save it correctly before I shut down my unit, or I might have tried to tweak it to ACTUALLY sound good (everything but the amp itself was probably fine). I may introduce some of the delay and reverb settings to my tones to see how they go, because I use the 5153 Red as my foundation, as well.
    it is what it is

I sold my ax8 long ago so I forgot what is and what's not in the firmware parameters (of course the algorithm changes) compared to now but probably stick to basic EQ settings and output EQ in the amp block

maybe adjust LF and HF Resonance in your Speaker tab to simulate the speaker impedance curve in the current firmware to 124 and 1400 hz

these should go a long way

as for the effects and drive they should sound similar enough

Reactions: Ed Seith