• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

SynTV coming soon! Get your own streaming channel šŸ”„

Hey everyone!

We're super excited to announce that streaming is officially coming soon! I know we made an announcement about streaming earlier this year because we were so excited about it, but after several months of hard work on this platform, we can finally say that it's coming to the site soon!

AND we want you all to be involved by having your own channel! By having your own channel, you'll be able to share your guitar tips with other students, host gaming events or contests, or just hang out on stream and chat to name a few things you can do, but the possibilities are endless! Let us know if you're interested in streaming and having a channel of your own by filling out the survey below šŸ˜

If you're interesting in having your own channel fill this out -> Survey

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
I'm wondering a couple things.

1) I see people no longer have channels with no announcements whatsoever. I also see new channels being added that I know very well werent there to begin. Maybe give a shout out to the new channels.

2) I noticed the most recent channel gainer is lizzie. Now I'm not trying to create an issue but I dont think she even applied the same way everyone else did. To the 20 or so who applied it doesnt look encouraging to see someone jump into place when some of those people think they have spots available when they open up. That's the whole reason they applied. I also understand lizzie is very popular here.. which again could be a biased approach where people could say she was only picked cause people like her.. etc. (Again I'm just thinking up different scenarios this could create going forward)

All I'm saying is make a formal announcement and explain what's going on. I also see this remys workshop and I have no idea who that even is.

I'm sure this will.be an unpopular post but it wasnt posted in that intention. Injust scrolled theoh after I saw the icon again and just noticed a few things and I haven't really heard anything about what's going on with channels. In fact i never even figured out who won the channels to begin with. I have to pay attention to the channels to see who won.

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    I'm wondering a couple things.

1) I see people no longer have channels with no announcements whatsoever. I also see new channels being added that I know very well werent there to begin. Maybe give a shout out to the new channels.

2) I noticed the most recent channel gainer is lizzie. Now I'm not trying to create an issue but I dont think she even applied the same way everyone else did. To the 20 or so who applied it doesnt look encouraging to see someone jump into place when some of those people think they have spots available when they open up. That's the whole reason they applied. I also understand lizzie is very popular here.. which again could be a biased approach where people could say she was only picked cause people like her.. etc. (Again I'm just thinking up different scenarios this could create going forward)

All I'm saying is make a formal announcement and explain what's going on. I also see this remys workshop and I have no idea who that even is.

I'm sure this will.be an unpopular post but it wasnt posted in that intention. Injust scrolled theoh after I saw the icon again and just noticed a few things and I haven't really heard anything about what's going on with channels. In fact i never even figured out who won the channels to begin with. I have to pay attention to the channels to see who won.
    Hey Calvin! No worries, I will answer your questions in the best way I can.

1) Only one channel was deleted and it was on that person's request.

2) It's not because Lizzie, for example, didn't go through the same initial process that she didn't go through a process. She did. She came to me with an idea, the Christmas show, and she did the work. This has nothing to do with a popularity contest. None of my decisions are based on that. It was based on the work she was ready to do AND did. Also to answer you about Remy's workshop, that is the channel of Jeremy Healey who actually did apply with the original process.

Now let me clarify something. I have never promised a channel to anyone and I did say that during the interviews. The fact that anyone went through the process doesn't guarantee them a channel, there are other factors that come in play. What I did say is that I kept all your name in a list for consideration once new spots become available. But also, this isn't on a first come first serve basis. Syn gave me a list of things that he is looking for to be up there and my job is to find that. And it's not because the process isn't public that there isn't a process. What I will tell you is that I don't put people up there on a whim.

Again, I know it sucks but this is the process for the moment because of the different limitations of the platform and it's overall development. We are working to make it a completely open platform like twitch and youtube but that is a little while away because of the technical limitations. We don't have the Amazon or Google money to back us up.

As for announcements, I did have one in the work but there are still a lot of factors that I need to settle behind the scene with Syn for example. But also, I am not going to make any major announcement at every change that happens. SynTv is still a novel concept and so there's a lot of things that get adjusted as we move forward because these are untraveled roads for all of us. So please don't see the lack of communication as us wanting to keep you in the dark but mostly as us figuring it out and telling you guys when we are sure of it!

But let me give some insight into what's to come. I do have in the plans a program to invite people from the community to come and stream. I still need to iron out the details so for the moment that's all I can say but it's just to let you know that I don't plan to make SynTv an exclusive club.

Be assured that I am working diligently to be as transparent as I can but all of this just requires a lot of work and patience.

Hope you have a great day Calvin! And please, feel free to send me a DM if you have any more questions, I will be happy to answer!

- Rad :rock-hand:

Last edited:
    Reactions: Ed Seith