• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Synyster Gates bridge pickup

Luis 1408

New Student
May 14, 2020
Hello everyone,
I have a schecter synyster Gates custom with the synbucker USA and the sustaniac, well I wanted to know if I can replace the synbucker USA with the old Seymour Duncan invaders?

1)Because I’ve read a lot about these invaders and i can’t find them in any shop, I only find the default Sh-8 invaders in black. In my case I have the gold stripes guitar so I would like the gold invaders

2) I’ve read something about invaders trembucker, do I need to buy trembuckers invaders for the synyster guitar?

3) What is the Synyster invaders exactly model? Are they the sh-8?

I hope you can help me in this because I have been trying to figure out this for more than a week and nothing

Reactions: Csgozzo91

Bellah83

Campfire Attention Holder
Nov 11, 2019
Fort Worth Tx
Hello everyone,
I have a schecter synyster Gates custom with the synbucker USA and the sustaniac, well I wanted to know if I can replace the synbucker USA with the old Seymour Duncan invaders?

1)Because I’ve read a lot about these invaders and i can’t find them in any shop, I only find the default Sh-8 invaders in black. In my case I have the gold stripes guitar so I would like the gold invaders

2) I’ve read something about invaders trembucker, do I need to buy trembuckers invaders for the synyster guitar?

3) What is the Synyster invaders exactly model? Are they the sh-8?

I hope you can help me in this because I have been trying to figure out this for more than a week and nothing
Any humbucker type pickup will fit the bridge spot. Your best bet to find gold ones would probably be ebay or reverb nation. Imo the black ones would look fine. I've had to mismatch pickups like that too. Pretty sure he used the sh-8s. That pickup sounds great either way.

Luis 1408

New Student
May 14, 2020
Any humbucker type pickup will fit the bridge spot. Your best bet to find gold ones would probably be ebay or reverb nation. Imo the black ones would look fine. I've had to mismatch pickups like that too. Pretty sure he used the sh-8s. That pickup sounds great either way.
When you say that pickup sounds great either way you mean the synbucker?

Well I like the invader a little bit more but I had all those doubts, so in short, i can replace it with the invader sh-8 without any problem.

And about the trembucker you guys know something about that?

Another thing is that I had seen some shops with this specs in the Synyster custom S and I had searched that pickup invader Tb-8 and it seems it doesn’t exist.

That’s pretty weird

Attachments

• 489D7172-3F11-4757-902F-05BA73AD0942.jpeg
    489D7172-3F11-4757-902F-05BA73AD0942.jpeg
    330.3 KB · Views: 150

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Ids is right. There should not be a real difference to the normal invaders. Every opinion I heard on those is on the Schecter US pickup sound. I actually have the invader in the neck and the US in the bridge and I too feel that the invader is a bit muddier.

I think Syns pickups always have a trem version and a normal version, you should use the trem one if you have a floyd rose (as the Syn models have). I think it has to do with there being less space for the pickup when there is a trem cavity on the back. However, you probably don't find the Syn Invaders because they are sold out. I was lucky to find a golden one for the neck at our local music store.

Hector Trejo

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Legend
    Nov 11, 2019
    Houston, TX
    Don’t quote me on this.. but I believe the invaders he used were the SH-8. Funny enough, I’m actually in the process of replacing my invaders with the Syn USA pickups.😂. But yes, your best bet would be to buy them used (I might have a spare if you’re really interested) or if you want new, I think I read somewhere that Seymour Duncan will make a custom color or whatever without charging you an outrageous amount. Hope this helps!

Synner Endless Summer Collection

xjxason7x

New Student
    May 14, 2020
    I believe SYN originally used the SH-8 for a bit but then Duncan made him his own trem spaced model, the TB-8SG. They are extremely rare unless you pull them out of certain syn custom models. You probably won't be able to find a gold one but theres one on ebay thats chrome for reference. https://www.ebay.com/c/1862334825 I have been emulating syns sound for years and have owned several of his signature guitars, including a $3000 custom shop model (but that has his newest signature pickups in it). I've even met the man in person in a meet and greet. I'm pretty obsessed lmaoooooo

Reactions: Luis 1408

Luis 1408

New Student
    May 14, 2020
    I believe SYN originally used the SH-8 for a bit but then Duncan made him his own trem spaced model, the TB-8SG. They are extremely rare unless you pull them out of certain syn custom models. You probably won't be able to find a gold one but theres one on ebay thats chrome for reference. https://www.ebay.com/c/1862334825 I have been emulating syns sound for years and have owned several of his signature guitars, including a $3000 custom shop model (but that has his newest signature pickups in it). I've even met the man in person in a meet and greet. I'm pretty obsessed lmaoooooo
    Ok I got it that explains everything, because I’ve been searching them and never found them, and is there no problem putting a default SH-8 no trembucker? I’ve read the SH-8 does not have to be trembucker, and with respect to the sound is there any difference between de SH-8 and the TB-8SG?

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    I agree the synbuckers are really amazing especially for it’s clean sound, but I think I’m felling kind of nostalgic bringing that old sound of avenged sevenfold older albums
    You will not get that sound from the pickups alone. Just saying before you get dissappointed that it's not the same.

I think Syn does a pretty good job with getting that sound with his signature pickups as well but that's because he has the complete picture available.

Bellah83

Nov 11, 2019
    Fort Worth Tx
    When you say that pickup sounds great either way you mean the synbucker?

Well I like the invader a little bit more but I had all those doubts, so in short, i can replace it with the invader sh-8 without any problem.

And about the trembucker you guys know something about that?

Another thing is that I had seen some shops with this specs in the Synyster custom S and I had searched that pickup invader Tb-8 and it seems it doesn’t exist.

That’s pretty weird
    Sorry man. The SH-8 sounds great. I bet that Tb-8 is the same pickup as the sh-8 with a different color scheme.

• Love
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Bellah83

Nov 11, 2019
    Fort Worth Tx
    You will not get that sound from the pickups alone. Just saying before you get dissappointed that it's not the same.

I think Syn does a pretty good job with getting that sound with his signature pickups as well but that's because he has the complete picture available.
    Definitely listen to Ids on this. The pickup is one part of the tone. The important part of it being that his signature pickups or the invader sh-8s are "high output, passive pickups." It's a first step to get that tone. Opposed to throwing active EMGs on your guitar and hoping to emulate his sound.

Syn has mentioned before that most of his current lead stuff is done on the sustainiac pickup. If you're trying to emulate his tone on older albums, I think he used a Marshall pre his hellwin sound. That amp will have a lot to do with the tone back then.

Even beyond that, they may be using completely different gear during recording than what they played live.

• Love

xjxason7x

New Student
    May 14, 2020
    Ok I got it that explains everything, because I’ve been searching them and never found them, and is there no problem putting a default SH-8 no trembucker? I’ve read the SH-8 does not have to be trembucker, and with respect to the sound is there any difference between de SH-8 and the TB-8SG?
    the only difference between the 2 is the pole spacing as far as I’m aware. You’ll probably get slightly more clarity from the trembucker version if you’re using a Floyd Rose but I fitted a regular sh-8 in one of my schecter c-1 fr’s when I first started trying to copy his tone and it sounded great 👍 the difference between the pole spacings is pretty minimal. I love the invaders, they’re a lot grittier and whinier sounding than his current sig pups. They do seem to have a little more noise to them though, they seem more susceptible to EM interference imo

• Love