• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Synyster gates custom S gold/black stripes

Muz Malek

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Singapore
www.instagram.com
So my new custom will be arriving soon.my question is. Does any of you who have synyster gates custom gold/black stripes. Does your gold hardver start to get off? Or is it still as the first day you got it?
This topic was brought up before haha, and I've shared before, but firstly, for the gold stripes, out of all the stripe colors, the black body gold stripes one, for whatever reason, is the only one that fades off after a few years. I'm not sure under what conditions will the fading be faster than others, but as far as I know, they will after a few years.

Not sure why this doesn't happen to the white with gold stripes or even the standard black with silver stripes.

I'll show a video of a black with gold stripes tht i bought off someone who unfortunately had the stripes all almost gone.

But for the gold hardware, yes, the coating will eventually fade(primarily the upper part of the bridge near the 'floyd rose' word, & the bridge pickup, since that's where we most commonly make contact).

My beautiful Dark Night started to fade too after a year because it's now my main workhorse.