• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Guitar Synyster gates custom S gold coat

dryurtears

New Student
Jun 13, 2021
Hi guys sorry for the noob question. I would like to know how you guys maintain the gold coat? Im starting to get some stains in my gold coats. Do you guys clean it with some polish or just wipe it? And is there any way I can remove the stain? thank you for the answer

Sinisnuthear

Campfire Attention Holder
Nov 11, 2019
Under purgatory
www.soundcloud.com
Don’t use a polisher that will make it worse. Or something that would dry it. Spray with warm water first. Dry it up real nice and use a dry fiber rag until you get the dust out of the grain. Layer it with a shiner (like windex for windows but it’s wood) then lightly wax that off to give it gloss and a layer of protectant.

just don’t use anything corrosive/acidic. Best treatment is a light wood cleaner - usually get it at guitar stores. Also if it isn’t finished/glossed over and protected don’t use a scrubber.

TrentNWM

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 15, 2019
    Piggybacking off Sinisnuthear, remember that you can prevent most of this oxidation or corrosion by wiping down all hardware with a cotton cloth after each use of your axe. Cotton is very gentle and great for picking up oils and sweat that will inevitably get on your guitar. I've also seen/heard some people use polyurethane to prevent oxidation, but make sure you look into this before trying it.

Reactions: William B.

Miodrag Rodic

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Hi guys sorry for the noob question. I would like to know how you guys maintain the gold coat? Im starting to get some stains in my gold coats. Do you guys clean it with some polish or just wipe it? And is there any way I can remove the stain? thank you for the answer
    Do you mind posting a picture? I'm not quite sure what you are talking about?
    Hardware or paint?

Upvote 0

dryurtears

New Student
    Jun 13, 2021
    Don’t use a polisher that will make it worse. Or something that would dry it. Spray with warm water first. Dry it up real nice and use a dry fiber rag until you get the dust out of the grain. Layer it with a shiner (like windex for windows but it’s wood) then lightly wax that off to give it gloss and a layer of protectant.

just don’t use anything corrosive/acidic. Best treatment is a light wood cleaner - usually get it at guitar stores. Also if it isn’t finished/glossed over and protected don’t use a scrubber.
    Noted will try this one thanks buddy!

Upvote 0

dryurtears

New Student
    Jun 13, 2021
    Piggybacking off Sinisnuthear, remember that you can prevent most of this oxidation or corrosion by wiping down all hardware with a cotton cloth after each use of your axe. Cotton is very gentle and great for picking up oils and sweat that will inevitably get on your guitar. I've also seen/heard some people use polyurethane to prevent oxidation, but make sure you look into this before trying it.
    I see I see so cotton cloth it is

Upvote 0

dryurtears

New Student
    Jun 13, 2021
    Do you mind posting a picture? I'm not quite sure what you are talking about?
    Hardware or paint?
    275914542_292170909556057_6662053109312120279_n.jpg
    275785458_3271050666444652_8067056768033819478_n.jpg

Upvote 0
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

CharredremainZ

Hot Topic Tourer
    Jun 2, 2021
    Greeley, PA
    Screenshot_20220329-092214_Samsung Internet.jpg I use this, great safe stuff, spray a mist,( no drips) on a good quality microfiber cloth and then wipe away

Upvote 0
    Synner Endless Summer Collection